Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Merry Christmas

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a beautiful photo inspiration challenge:
Image may contain: plant and flower
So, my card is a bit of a stretch for the photo inspiration, but let me explain.  As soon as I saw the colors, I wanted to make a Fall card, I mean, those are perfect Fall colors, right?  But, I'm not ready to make Fall cards ( I AM always ready to make Christmas cards, though.).  I was really caught by that dark brown and it was my starting place.  Then I pulled out the gold color and the light pink.  And that's how I was inspired by the photo, and here's my card:

I wanted to add a bit of interest to the darker pink layer, so I stamped a poinsettia image randomly all over with versamark.  It adds interest without being overwhelming.  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week.  I can't wait to see how you are inspired by this photo.  Hop on over to The House Blog to see how the rest of the team was inspired.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Deer Family Silhouette", "Christmas" and "Poinsettia"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large", "Teardrop Circles"; MFT fancy corners; PTI  fancy border die

Challenges:
Christmas At Sweet Stampin---anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Crafting with an Attitude--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #10--anything goes
Cheerful Sketches--sketch

Crop Stop--anything goes (I used spellbinders products)
Crafting By Designs May challenge--anything goes
Crimbo Crackers #132--recycling (the brown ribbon across the center was recycled from a box of chocolate covered strawberries!)
Crafty Creations #341--anything goes
In the Pink #119--razzle, dazzle (I use gold paper, pearls, and antique gold/white glittery frantage embossing powder)
Brown Sugar #250--embossing (I heat embossed the frantage powder)
Crafty Catz--anything goes with mirror card ( don't have any mirror card, but I did use a shiny gold paper)
Sweet Stampin'--shabby chic
Fashionable Stamping #123--Let's go wild (deer are wild animals)
Tuesday Throwdown #343--texture (from the ribbon, intricate die cuts and the embossed powder)
Creative Craft Cottage #87--three of a kind (three deer in my image and 3 pearls)
The Holly and Ivy #6--anything goes

22 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Christmas card - love the color combination.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and great color combo, send me some of your Christmas mojo please!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations.
Ciao,Lisa

Shirley said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful plus I love the colour combo Heather and yes deer are wild and fit the theme perfectly.

Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl xx

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love the fabulous layers and the deer are spectacular! Wonderful design-I should start on my Christmas cards...I started at the beginning of the year to try and make 1 a month...hehe, that didn't last long. It's hard to get in the spirit of Christmas in may?! Lol! Thanks for the inspiration:)
Sherrie K

Janette said...

Gorgeous Christmas card,thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card and the Deer look lovely standing there together. Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

Leanne Harris said...

This is a lovely Christmas card Heather, lovely stamping of those beautiful deer. I too love making Christmas cards and make 5 every month and put them on my blog so that Christmas doesn't become too much of a chore! This is a great make with beautiful colours, thank you for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Leanne DT.

Robin said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card Heather! I just love it!! Hugs, Robin

Laurie Unger said...

totally get where you are coming from with the fall colors, I thought the same thing. Great card and take on the photo.

Patti J said...

Heather - love this! This is one of my favorite RI stamps, and I love that you've incorporated the pink with it. Great job!!!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow! I love how you were inspired by that photo inspiration - I thought fall as well, but haven't gotten any farther than that! Great Christmas card - love the extra touches you included. Thanks for linking this up to the Cropstop blog - it's a pleasure to have you play along this month!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Lovely. Great use of Frantage and and the gold accents are gorgeous. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in our 'Shabby Chic' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week, I'm so pleased you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Carole Pollard said...

A lovely Christmas card Thanks for joining us at In The Pink Love and hugs Carole x Design Team

joy said...

This is a great card -- and NEVER to early to start with Christmas cards! I really like the little scroll detailing you added.

Birdie said...

Now see, I would never think of pink, brown and gold for Christmas! Love the color combo though my favorite part is the treatment around your main image. Adds so much texture. Great card and happy you joined in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.

Margreet said...

Great take of our sketch, Heather...gorgeous Christmas card!
Thanks voor joining us at Cheerful Sketches!
xxx Margreet

Cheri said...

I haven't thought of the brown/pink color combo in a long time, but this really is stunning. I wasn't thinking of Christmas cards yet either, but now I am! Fabulous card, Heather.

Yvonne Garner said...

What a beautiful, non-traditional color scheme for your holiday card! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamoing Challenge.

carla said...

Dit is een hele mooie kaart geworden en zo leuk om onze sketch er in terug te vinden.
Bedankt voor je deelname aan de mei challenge van Cheerful Sketches.
Succes !
Groetjes,
Carla (DT)

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, I love the colours you have used, The Frantage around the circle is brilliant. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge. Caz DT.

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x