Friday, March 31, 2017

What's Up

I just love this "Friend Request" set and "Smartphone" die set combination from MFT!!  I find it to be absolutely perfect for guys (of any age) and even some females, too.  I made this card for a young man at our church.  He just turned 17, so definitely not into some cutesier stuff that younger boys might be okay with.  
Pretty clean and simple, and I even got to use up some of the patterned paper I've been working on!  I cut the phone face out of white and then again in black to get the "home" button and the details at the top, then I cut the "case" out of a dark gray.  I'm not sure what this guys phone looks like, but I think his dad's is very similar to this and in any case, it seemed like a good masculine color combo.  I stamped a bit of splatter on the background to give some interest without having to load the card down with fussy bits.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Friend Request"; YNS "Large Splatter"
Dies: MFT "Smartphone'

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #127--anything goes
Cardz TV #6--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #276--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Addicted To Stamps #235--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the splatter)

Sugar Pea Designs--3rd Anniversary Birthday
Incy Wincy Designs--Happy Birthday
CAS-ology #242--text

6 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a cool masculine card Heather. I love the muted colours and your background splatters. Those hashtags are brilliant too!

Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Jacquie Southas said...

The splatters add great interest and ground the phone perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Heather!! OMG!! I love the cell phone with the text messages. Its perfect for this generation. LOL!! Nicely done and creative. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Hannelie said...

How awesome is this! LOVE your take on the cue card Heather!
Thanks for playing at CASology this week!

The Crafty Critter said...

So creative! Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenges.
-Miranda DT
TheCraftyCritter.com

Nandini said...

Very different take on the inspiration pic. Love the colours and the concept. It's perfect for a young man. Thanks for joining us at the ATSM Challenge. All the best to you. Nandini, DT