Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Feline Fine

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week, Wendy challenged us with a tic tac toe board:
No automatic alt text available.
And, let me tell you, the cards I made for this might just be my favorite cards I've made with Repeat Impressions stamps.  Yes, you heard me right, cardS, I couldn't stop with just one!  Two people at our church had/are having small surgical procedures, so I wanted to make some get well cards.  The first one is for a man, so I used more manly colors and little embellishments.  I used the top row: pets, used dimension (I popped up my sentiment with foam tape) and twine.  And I LOVE how cute this is!!
 I have an orange stripey tomcat, so I wanted to color up this sweet kitty to look like him.  And don't you just love the texture on the teddy bear?!
The second card is for a female, and I really wanted to have a his and hers version of almost the same card, so I used a slightly different sketch and used more "girly" colors:
I thought this time, the little kitty would look fabulous in white.  I also didn't think I could do my two gray kitties justice if I tried to color it like them.  On this card, I used the diagonal: Pets, bright colors, and sponging (I sponged around the edge of the circles before taking them out of the dies.  I also used charms, dimension and off the edge with the border dies.  So, what do you think?  Which one do you like better?
If you need to have this stamp (and I think you DO now that I've showed how cute it is!) or any others, check out my 10% off your entire order coupon in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Feline Friendly" and "Feline Better"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large" and "Teardrop Circles"; PTI "Loopy Border" die on CARD 2
Papers: DCWV "Textiles"

Challenges:
Card 1:
Tuesday Throwdown #333--thinking of you
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps #371--for the boys/men
Cardz TV #4--anything goes
Brown Sugar #240--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #467--anything goes
Dies R US #68--something new (this is the first time I've inked up this image!)
Dare 2B Artzy--lots of layers
Love To Craft #8--anything goes
Creative Sketchy #9--used die cuts
Divas That Cut--for the love of animals/pets
Crafting with an Attitude--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Cards Galore--anything goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #39--anything goes
Inspiration Destination #123--anything goes
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2--sketch

Crafty Creations #336--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #272--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes


Card 2:
A Gem of a Challenge #189--use three B's (I used bows, bear and border dies)
Sketch Saturday #453--sketch

Hiding in My Craft Room #291--spring colors
In The Pink #114--for a special lady
Creative Knockouts #183--dies/punch frenzy
Crafty Calendar--mum's day or special female
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow


24 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I totally agree with you - this kitty and teddy bear are just too cute and work so well for either male or female. What a great job you have done.

Darlene said...

So adorable! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Something New’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Patti J said...

It's crazy how that looks like two different stamps, colored as you did! Your church folks will be tickled to get these! Great job, Heather!!!

Marty F said...

Heather, I love your cards and can't decide which one I like better! The image is just so darn adorable and I like how you've colored a dark bear and a pink bear, and on both cards, the fur on the bears looks textured - you are a great colorist! Your embellishments and bows on both cards are perfect for those cards - great job! Thank you for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our monthly challenge, Anything Goes & Include a Handmade Bow :-)

Donna said...

These are absolutely adorable, I see why you did not stop at one card, they will definitely cheer up the recipients!

Tamie said...

I love how you made two cards with this stamp and just by coloring them differently shows the versatility of the image. Loving the CAS style too. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at Creative Knockouts Die/Punch Frenzy.

Tamie DT

Laurie Unger said...

Both of these are adorable.

Sherri said...

What sweet, sweet get well cards! Love the texture on your bear and that sentiment is just "purr-fect" for these adorable cards! Thanks for joining our "Something New" challenge at Dies R Us!

lbwright22-loopylou said...

two fab cards. I love the pink swirly corner stripes on the second and the papers on the first. Great makes. thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week. Louise SS DT

Leslie said...

What wonderful projects! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Dare 2B Artzy "Lots of Layers" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, D2BA DT
Love To Scrap 2

joy said...

Sweet image - and I really like how you have colored them to make 2 totally different cards.

Heide said...

Such sweet cards, Sure to bring a smile to the receivers face. Thanks for joining us this sketch. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Joanna M. said...

Both cards are darling! I love how you combined both the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and the Sketch Saturday challenges to get some cards finished. That image is so sweet and beautifully colored. I'm glad you joined our challenges.
~Jo, SS-DT and SSW2-DT

Carole J said...

Lovely cards, Heather, using a beautiful image and a great sentiment. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Pretty cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges!
Hugs

Loose Stitches said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft Challenge Blog!
~DT Sherry x

Arlene said...

Sw sweet. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

anne said...

The texture on that bear is brilliant, a lovely pair of cards. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and for your lovely comments.
Anne SSW2-DT

Sarah said...

Great cards! I really like the colors and texture on your first one! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Katrina Bufton said...

Such a sweet card, I love the bow & charm and the way you've used the border dies. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

craftysahmiam said...

Thanks for sharing your purrfect get well card (love that sentiment!) with us at Love To Craft Challenge

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely work
Nancy
DT
CSG

cohenna said...

Thank you so much for joining at Die Cut Divas March challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Oh.....Yoir images are so sweet! Love it! Thanks you so much for joining our challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's.
Hugs, Iwona