Sunday, March 5, 2017

Scrap Creations and WOYWW

So, I finally had a chance to play just for fun this weekend, and I got to work on using up some scrap papers.  Yeay!!  I had two specific groups of paper, I really wanted to work on: the strawberry and green cross hatch papers and the vegetable and orange cross hatch papers.  I've had them forever and was down to just small scraps that couldn't be used for much, or so it seemed.  These are the cards and tags I created:
 And here is a picture of the scraps that were left after using my scraps:
 I put them next to to one of the tags I made so you can see how little they are.  Here is a close up of the tags:
 The strawberry tag is my favorite; I just love how the fussy cut image looks.  But, aren't they all so fun?!  And here is the vegetable card I made:
When I received this paper (a LONG time ago!), I also received some vegetable brads, which I have never figured out what to do with before now.  I mean, how often do you use a broccoli brad?  But they do work perfectly with the paper and this fun carrot image.  I've been checking out fellow crafter's messy desks on Julia Dunnet's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday link up and finally remembered to take a picture of my own.  You can see my cards and on the left of my desk you can see the rest of my scraps I'm working on using up.
I will show my strawberry cards in my next post.

TAGS:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Strawberries" and "Happy Birthday"; Craftin' Desert Divas "Farmer's Market" sentiments and radishes
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" tag shape and double ended banner

Challenges:
Cardz TV #4--anything goes
Brown Sugar #240--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop--anything goes with snippets (everything is made from snippets)
Creative Knockouts #183--die/punch frenzy
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #8--anything goes
Creative Sketchy #9--use die cuts
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--Tag You're It
Cut It Up #116--birthday (strawberry tag)


CARD:
Supplies:
Stamps: Craftin' Desert Divas "Farmer's Market"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
A Bit More Time To Craft #29--anything goes
Fussy & Fancy #182--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #467--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Crafts Galore--anything goes
Stamping Ground--What's On Your Workshop Wednesday(WOYWW)
Inspiration Destination Challenge #123--anything goes
Crafty Creations #336--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #318--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Cardz TV #3--thank you plus a Cardz TV sketch (I used #19)

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday--anything goes




16 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful makes Heather thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Di said...

Wow Heather, more fabulous use of snippets. Love those papers you used and a little went an awfully long way :)

Hugs

Di xx

Marilyn Webb said...

Love your tags and card! Great way to use that paper! Thanks for joining our Kraftin Kimmie Stamps challenge this week!
Marilyn DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What gorgeous makes with your papers Heather.

Sue xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Heather. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Lin said...

I love design papers, and you made great use of yours with these tags, Heather - so fun! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Larelyn said...

adorable card and tags. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Birthday Challenge.

Rae Ann said...

Awesome job using up those scraps! Maybe I should pick some scraps to concentrate on! I might use them up faster that way! Love the way you used the sketch too.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Die/Punch Frenzy challenge.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Your post made me smile, because I can't stand to throw away even the tiniest scrap! I know there's a use for it, so I keep them hanging around until I can either create something with them (and feel so satisfied afterwards) or finally need a clean desk and throw them all out. I'm glad you got to use up your scraps!!

Your tags and cards are so fun. Thanks for sharing them with us for our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our March challenge 8 at Love to Craft, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper March challenge. x

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card and colors! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning tags. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls.

Hugs
Claudia

DT Creative Sketchy Girls

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutslmeisjes.blogspot.be

Nicola Gold said...

Fabulous use of scraps and great tags. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 'Anything Goes' March 2017.
Nicola, CGE DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely work
Nancy
DT CSG

Rocky said...

A great collection of gorgeous projects. Thank you for sharing them with us at CHNPPC.