Friday, August 7, 2026

Whopper of a day

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Add a Sentiment.  How easy is that??

Here is my card for your inspiration:
This is for my brother's birthday.  He just recently became hooked on fishing because his kids took a fishing course and he thought it was pretty fun.  So, I created this fun card to celebrate that new obsession.  I had a lot of fun and used a lot of dies to create this cute scene.  I started with a medium turquoise card stock and used several different distress oxide inks to give it a more watery feel.  Then I die cut it with the waves coverplate die and attached it to a lighter turquoise card base.  I die cut some grass out of green card stock, a sun out of yellow, and some clouds out of white to create the rest of the scene.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut my image, but instead of leaving it with the tiny fish that was originally part of the image, I substituted a much larger fish showing the skill of the fisherman!  I stamped the sentiment and it was good go!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Sugar Pea Designs "Great Catch"; YNS "Sea Creatures #2"
Dies: Hero Arts "Wave and Sea" cover plate; Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps grass border die; MFT "Blueprints 13" sun die; Paper Smooches "Cute Clouds"

Challenges:
Creative Inspirations--anything goes
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: play time
Aud Sentiments Challenge #340--alcohol inks AND/OR summer with a sentiment (I used alcohol inks to color my image and fishing is a summertime activity)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Cardz 4 Guyz #388--summer theme
Pearly Sparkles #122--summer holidays
C.R.A.F.T. #786--summer holiday/vacation/anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday--Happy Birthday

13 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - love the sentiment that reflects the scene :)

Treva said...

What an adorable card, like what your did with the background!

Julia Sager - Julia Sue's Stamping said...

What a fun birthday card! I love the scene and all the different die-cut elements you used to build it. And substituting that much bigger fish is such a fun touch—your brother is going to love it! 😊

LeslieT said...

Well this card couldn't be any cuter! On behalf of my husband, I love any cards that are fishing-related! OMGosh, so cute!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Heather. The image is so cute and your colouring is amazing. I love your fun scene too. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Jenn Borjeson said...

hee hee He's just adorable! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge!

ClaireB said...

Cute card, fun sentiment too. I'm sure it's much nicer fishing in the nice weather, rather than the rain! Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT

dj said...

How fun!! Thanks for playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the Guyz part with your fisherman and the summer portion cause fishing is such a big part of summer fun!! Great work!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G388

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing this card with us at The Male Room

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Love the adorable image you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Delightful card, Heather! Perfect for a fella. Thanks for joining us at C4G and our summertime theme. Cheers, Jolanda - DT