Sunday, October 1, 2023

Peace on Earth

Happy October1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

I pulled out this cute little llama a week or so ago for another card, and just felt the need to use him again for this card.  He's just so cute!  I used a couple scraps that were already cut to width, I just had to trim them to the correct length.  I wanted a fun background, so I pulled out an embossing folder that I had won a few years ago and had yet to use.  It has a bunch of ornaments and I decided to stamp the sentiment inside one of the embossed ornaments.  I stamped the sentiment and then lined it up within the ornament in question and was so excited about how well it lined up, that I didn't realize the embossing folder was upside down and I ended up DEbossing the image instead.  Oh, well, it still gives a fun background.  You can see the texture better in the photo below:
See how well the sentiment fits in the ornament?!  Anyway, then I die cut some branches and added nuvo drops in red to all the "berries".  I added a few more scattered around to finish everything off.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Neat & Tangled "Fa, la, llama"; Verve "Peace on Earth" sentiment
Dies: Memory Box "Snowberry branches"
Unknown embossing folder (I won it as part of a prize)

Challenges:
Creative Knockouts #504--use 2 or more patterned papers


Make My Monday #210--create your own background (embossed background)
Shopping Our Stash #506--color me beautiful (I used Spectrum Noir markers to color my llama)
Retro Rubber #506--tic tac toe (I used the diagonal: animal, your choice, die cut/punch)(I have had this Neat & Tangled stamp set for at least 3 years, but it is probably more like 5--so hard to keep track of time!  Also, the Verve sentiment set I've had for at least three years, as well.)













Word Art Wednesday #615--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Lil' Red Wagon #724--layer upon layer
Art Impressions #361--Christmas came early

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I love the texture of the embossing and the sprigs, it adds so much! That llama is just to adorable! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Heather, just darling! LOVE this llama! The texture and sprigs in your background is beautiful, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Heather said...

Oops - AND Retro Rubber! Yay!

JanR said...

Fantastic card! I think the debossed background is wonderful and I love how the sentiment fits inside the ornament. Super impressed with your Nuvo Drops too! (I can't seem to master them. (: ) Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Johanna said...

Sometimes I use the debossed side for a different look and it still adds texture. Your background is pretty and your llama is very cute. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

dj said...

Adorable!! Your little llama is perfect for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...beautifully colored!! Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

SugarShine Designs said...

This is a super textured and cute card! That llama is adorable! Thank you for joining our Christmas Came Early Challenge at Art Impressions. Janet - Ai Design Team

Carol L said...

The llama looks so cute bundled up in his scarf and those stems and berries are really pretty. Great embossing too on this fun card.