Sunday, October 8, 2023

Butterfly birthday wishes

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  She loves purple and butterflies, so I created this (what should have been) quick and easy card.

 I say "should have been" quick and easy, because I had a really difficult time getting this die to cut cleanly.  It is gorgeous and so detailed and delicate that I had to run it through several times, then tried to cut out some of the pieces that were still hanging on.  Ended up putting it back into my machine with a shim and ran it through another time.  Then it was mostly cut through, but I still had to poke out each of those tiny little cut outs!
But I do think the end result was worth it!  I adhered it over a light purple patterned paper, stamped and cut out the sentiment and added tiny rhinestones to all the butterfly bodies.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Surely Goodness" sentiment
Dies: PaperTrey Ink "Coverplate: Flutter"

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #616--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #556--anything goes
Cards Galore #116--anything goes
NBUS #55--never before used schtuff (first time out of the packaging for this beautiful die!)
Creative Knockouts #505--die cuts/punches/stencils
Creative Fingers #263--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--N is for Nature

6 comments:

Lynda said...

What a great idea to cut the butterfly die in black and onto the purple background. I sometimes persevere with difficult dies - but sometimes I give in and start again. Well done for getting through it. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the black butterflies on the pink, a gorgeous card and well worth the effort of the trouble with the die.
Faith x

Deborah Wheeler said...

THat's a gorgeous die cut - definitely worth all the effort! Thanks for joining our Nature theme at Alphabet Challenge
Deborah DT

Marjeta said...

This dies could be tricky. But at the end you did it perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Darnell said...

This pretty card was worth all the struggles, Heather, and I'm sure your MIL will cherish it! The rhinestones really elevated the design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty die cut design. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine