Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Birthday Flyby

A new month has arrived and that means a new challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is "For The Girls" (make a feminine project).

And here is the card I created:
 Now, this card may not look very feminine, but it IS for my oldest daughter who just turned 14 (how did that happen!!??).  She is not very girly, so she wouldn't appreciate a girly card.  But I think she will LOVE this card because it is sooooo fun.
I mean, look at it!!  It's so cute!  I just love these dragons and this castle die set (which I am using for the very first time) is going to get a LOT of use, I think.  So, it looks like a normal card on he outside, but when you pull the pull tab at the top, the fun happens: 
I used a magic slider die to create this fun interactive card.  When you pull the tab, the opens up to reveal a hidden little scene.  So fun!  I adhered the castle making sure it was only adhered to the part of the card that pops up.  And I attached the dragon with a small strip of acetate so it appears to actually be flying over the castle.  I added some sparkle with nuvo glitter pens to the wings and underbelly of the dragon, the princess' crown and the sword and shield of the knight.  Then I finished it off with some sequins to make it a little more girly. : ) 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Head on over to the LTSCB blog to see what the rest of the team has created and to get the full details of the challenge.  Then get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Magical Dragons" and "ALS Genie" (sentiment on the inside)
Dies: MFT "Slider Surprise" and the castle set which seems to be retired, maybe?
Stencils: MFT brick wall; Taylored Expressions cloud scene builder

Challenges:

Cutie Pie #145--gorgeous greens (my dragon and the little princess's dress are green; I hope it's enough)
Southern Girls--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #135--cute critters
Krafty Chicks #500--all occasions
Creative Moments #187--anything goes
Pink Gem--anything goes


5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love It!!! I bet your daughter will absolutely love it - love the castle die- I don't think I have ever seen a castle in a die cut. And then the hidden scene - what a nice surprise. Great job.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Great easel!!! Kids grow up so fast. I remember when my princess was this age and now she is 27 and teaching 4th grade! Enjoy it while you can!!!

Furrbster said...

This really is a fun card!! I Love It!!!

Thanks for playing along over at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Julie said...

Fantastic card, love the dragon. Thanks for joining in with us at Cutie Pie this month.

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

I love it!, Thank you for play with us at a Gem of a craft challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.