Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Unicorn made me do it

This adorable unicorn was just begging to be put on a super fun card.  And what goes better with unicorns than rainbows and sparkle?!  The die cut cloud panel was already in my bits and pieces stash.  I had made it for a different project and it just didn't work.  I sponged on ink in rainbow colors on the card base where they would show through the die cut openings.  I colored and fussy cut the unicorn and popped it up on the panel with some foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment by doing some creative masking and then I sprinkled sequins around for some sparkle.
 This sentiment is perfect for me because I am always running late with my birthday cards.  I added some wink of stella to the unicorns wings; you can see it in the photo below:

Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps "Bug Sweet Unicorn" digi; CAS-ual Fridays "Be a Unicorn"
Dies: MFT "Bold Stripes Cover Up Die"
Taylored Expresions cloud stencil

Challenges:
Unicorn Challenge #50--CAS
Cutie Pie #143--cute, clean and simple
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #42--anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage #125--anything goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies--anything goes
STAMPlorations Stencil challenge--anything goes using a stencil (stenciled clouds)

Creative Knockouts #332--celebrations
Southern Girls--anything goes

8 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Well she is as cute as can be - I wouldn't mind if you would be late on my birthday.

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the cute image and love the die-cut background
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

cass said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "CAS" challenge.

MariLynn said...

Love the rainbow background. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card !
Thank you for joining Unicorn Challenge!
Hope to see you again!

Ina G said...

What a fun and fabulous card Heather. Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Adorable card Heather :o) Great sentiment too. Great seeing you again at LTCCB
Tina dt

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, super cute!...Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge:)
Wendy x