Thursday, January 23, 2020

Friend for all seasons

I just got a new order from Repeat Impressions and I got a chance to just play with some of the stamps.  This quilt frame was one of them.  Those maple leaves in the corners really caught my eye, but since it's not fall, I wanted to create a quilt celebrating all the seasons (the stars in the opposite corners sort of remind me of snowflakes) and had the perfect sentiment to go along with it.
This will be the Valentine's Day card for one of my very good friends, so I added the hearts made with Nuvo drops.  The die cut doily was a gift from a friend and added to the theme of the card.  The white circle was in my bits and pieces stash and was perfect for both the sentiment and fitting into the center of the doily.  The card base was a precut 4x4 base that someone had given me quite a while.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Quilt Frame" and "Tree FLIP set" sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Power Poppy Creative Confetti--small & sassy
The Paper Funday #13--anything goes with the optional twist: friendship
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2--sketch

Word Art Wednesday--anything goes
Cardz TV #106--anything goes
Crafty Friends #127--anything goes
Pink Gem Challenge--anything goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #123--anything goes
Use Your Stuff #390--friendship
Tuesday Throwdown #449--layered die cuts
Fab n' Funky #465--add a doily
C.R.A.F.T. #541--new (new quilt frame stamp)

11 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Hi Heather, I just love the fun colors you've used and the sketch! Great card! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Joy DT



Joyfully Stamps

Donna said...

How gorgeous, I like how you layered the sentiment on a daily for and your coloring of the quilt is fabulous!

Donna Walls said...

Loving the Quilt Background...so cheerful! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges - Donna - DT Member

missgailly said...

Love that quilt background and all the bright colours! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Carol L said...

I just love all the little quilt designs in this and how perfectly they're colored! It's bright, cheerful and perfect for brightening a friend's day and even more impressive that you used snippets to put it together! Great job on this!

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 2 at Gem of a Challenge!

Glittered Paws said...

Love how you colored the quilt image, I got this a little while back and always looking for new ways to showcase it. Great job.

Brenda said...

What a great design for our "New" theme. I'm loving that perfectly chosen background! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge. Hope you come back again this week!

Ela said...

Perfect card, fits perfectly to the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends! Hugs Ela DT

Tammy L said...

Love all the great colors in your card, and as a Canadian...I too love the Maple Leafs in the corners! :) Thanks for sharing it with us at UYS and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Patti J said...

Love this! Your circular piece makes me think of an old quilting frame...very nice! Sorry to be so late with my comment...was in California spoiling a grandson! Hugs...!