Friday, January 10, 2020

Birthday Wishes

I've had a chance to just play this week; it doesn't happen very often!  And since I need a birthday card for a family member; this is the result:
 I die cut and embossed the circle frame from a scrap of rather ugly yellow card stock and then covered it with Copper Metallic Gilding polish; now it looks like a cool metal embellishment.  I stamped and fussy cut this gorgeous flower and leaves  combo.  While I was trying to add glitter to the center with some stickles, I had a bit of an accident, so I had to stamp it again and cut out just the top layer.  That way it adds some dimension as well.  The ribbon was in my bits and pieces stash and was just the right length.  I die cut the "happy" sentiment, stamped "birthday" and finished everything off with some clear sequins and some glitter.  Simple, sparkly, and beautiful!

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Beautiful Day" flower and leaves; Verve "Surely Goodness" birthday
Dies: Spellbinders circle (can't remember the name of the set right now); MFT "happy trio"
Inks: Distress Oxides "Peacock Feathers", "Denim", "Chipped Sapphire" and "Soot"

Challenges:
YNS #130--shades of blue
Creative Fingers #177--anything goes
Cute Card #616--embellish
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--fun with florals
Penny's Challenge #462--anything goes
Fab n Funky #463--no patterned paper
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #121--anything goes
Cardz TV #105--anything goes
Kat Scrappiness--no patterned paper
Word Art Wednesday #421--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Through the Purple Haze #163--anything goes
Feeling Sketchy #232--sketch

Love To Craft Challenge Blog #42--anything goes
Brown Sugar #297--anything goes
Creative Inspiration--something new or something old (both dies are 4+ years old and the ribbon I have had at least 12 years as I used it for my sister's bridal shower favors.  And the flower set I have only had for a couple months, so it is new; this is only the second time I have used it)
Penny Black--make it feminine
Creative Craft Cottage #125--anything goes

15 comments:

brenda said...

You really have transformed the circle and it sets of the blue bloom beautifully, many thanks for sharing and joining our 'Feminine' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the gilded circle, it looks a die and the flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Anonymous said...

A very elegant birthday card and i love the circle frame! Thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge.
Linda

Linda Mc Enery said...

Ooo, I'm super impressed with how your metallic circle turned out! It's fantastic! I'm not sure I remember what it's like to just create because you can, and have the time to... you've made it count! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's!
Linda

Joy Wilson said...

Simply beautiful card! I just love the flowers! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Lisa Lynn said...

Heather that is gorgeous!

Catrin Goodwin said...

Very Pretty card.... thank you for joining us at LPOCF - Good luck x

Rachel Webber said...

Gorgeous card - no background required! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab ‘n’ Funky.

Rachel DT

Crafting Andy said...

What a beautiful card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - and love your beautiful gilded circle. I had almost a week to just "be" in my craft room as hubby was remodeling part of the kitchen and ll he wanted me for was to be a gopher so I just had to stay home. Oh darn, well you can imagine where I spent my time.

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the beautifully coloured flowers and embossed circle
Carol x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

Tina Z. said...

very elegant.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

Loose Stitches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadeByMeghanK said...

Beautiful floral! LOVE the dew drops! Thank you for joining the Kat Scrappiness No Designer Paper Challenge! - DT Meghan Kennihan (MadeByMeghanK)