Saturday, October 21, 2017

Harvest

Welcome!!  It's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
This time we have a very timely one for you: Halloween or Harvest.  Since I don't celebrate Halloween, I went with the harvest theme.  And I had to really think outside the box with this one as I didn't have any real harvest type images.  But around here (in Southern New England), it is apple harvest time and when I spotted this sweet image with the apple, the wheels started turning!  So, here is my harvest card for your inspiration:
I decided to try a fun spotlighting technique; putting all the focus on the sweet faces of this adorable pair of friends.  I used a stitched circle die to cut out my desired portion.  Then I stuck it back in and adhered it down with the rest of the image.  It's kind of a good idea that I decided to do this because my brown marker I used on the horse is starting to run out.  If I had colored the whole image, I don't think it would have ended up well.  On that note, if anyone has any good places to buy Spectrum Noir refills, please let me know!
I hope you will all get a chance to play along with us this challenge; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Di's Digi Stamps "An Apple A Day" digi; Craftin' Desert Divas "Truckload of love" sentiments and apple
Dies: MFT "Southwestern Border duo" and "Blueprints 12" stitched circle and banner

Challenges:
Dare 2B Artzy--fall colors
Art Impressions #219--stamp a scene
Hanna and Friends #284--stars
The Paper Shelter #314--make it square
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--inspiration photo (inspired by the fall theme and colors)

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps wonderful Wednesday--anything goes AND I used their sketch

As You Like It--do you prefer people or animals (really like using both on my cards, but I LOVE the adorable little animals (like I used on this card), so I guess I would lean more towards them.)
Creative Knockouts #216--Fall
Southern Girls--crazy for critters

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great technique, love the image
Hugs Kaz xx

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card and image!!!

Marilyn Webb said...

Super cute and you did a great job with our sketch! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Patsy Long said...

Such a cute card Heather. Love the image and your colours and papers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week.
Patsy - DT

Cheri Burry said...

LOVE the spotlight idea!! I'm going to have to try this technique! Thanks for joining us over at Art Impressions in our current Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

What a super fun design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Photo Inspiration” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Lena said...

Sweet card and what a fun idea with the colouring of the image! Love it!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Good Luck! Hug Lena

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love that spotlight technique Heather. Very cool card and fab paper combo. Thanks for entering your sweet card into our 'Crazy for Critters' challenge at Southern Girls. Your entry couldn't be more perfect! Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

KathyA. said...

Your card is creative and marvelous. I love Di's Digi stamps but hadn't noticed this image. Well... it is now on my want list!

Scrap Shack Designs said...

I LOVE This card! You did so wonderful using that spotlight technique. Also the apples are perfect for this chilly fall NE weather ;) Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. - DT Jen