Friday, October 20, 2017

Get a Load of this!

The youngest son of our good friends turned 9 this week (he is a month older than my twins who are his good buddies).  I created this fun card for him and I think he is going to love it!
 I mean, what 9-year-old boy wouldn't love a card full of trucks and heavy equipment!?  And this one has an extra fun element: I created my first ever penny slider!!  You can see how the truck gets filled up with a LOAD at the top of the hill and then rolls down to the bottom of the hill.  It's so fun!!

I got some slider dies from Lawn Fawn a couple weeks ago, and of course, I had to put them to use!  And this will definitely NOT be the last one I make.  It was so fun!

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Keep on Truckin'"
Dies: Lawn Fawn "Slide On Over" and "Stitched hillsides"; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Cardz TV #18--anything goes
Creative Fingers #139--anything goes
Crafty Catz #289--anything goes with optional twist: autumn colors (I did use orange, yellow and brown)
Little Miss Muffet #174--anything goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #350--anything goes
YNS #75--I used the colors orange, golden yellow and gray (on the vehicles) and neutral brown)

Crafty Creations #352--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog--anything goes
Scrappers Delights--anything goes

8 comments:

Janette said...

Oh this is simply fabulous, he will adore it , I really have to make one of these...
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Helen said...

Fabulous - a very clever card and a great sentiment too.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's.

Helen x

Danielle Vincent said...

Such an awesome interactive card Heather! Of course he will love it! I know I would too :o). Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 351 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz Challenge too.

Helen x

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi there, wow this is a fab project, Thank you for joining us over at LTCCB and good luck

Pen DT

Danni said...

What a super interactive card! Thanks for playing along with the Little Miss Muffet Stamps Challenge!

Katya said...

What a fun and interactive boy card! I'm sure he'll have fun swinging the truck back and forth for days. heeehee. I like the little details and even the clouds in the background look very nice and the colors. Good job!
Thank you for sharing with us over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! We hope to see you play again!
Katya Bess - DT for Little Miss Muffet Stamps
http://kattyxotica.blogspot.com/ Personal blog