Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Summer treats

Hello, Everyone!  It's Wednesday again, and time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for you:
No automatic alt text available.
I had so much fun with this one, I created two cards for you.  My first one uses the diagonal: polka dots, paper piecing and faux stitching (with my stitched rectangle die).  I also used sky blue, sweet treats, and hot pink.
 Don't you just love that cupcake liner??!!  I've totally had ones like that before.  All the patterned papers on this were from scraps.  I'm slowly whittling away at the pack they belong to.  My second card (which I actually posted earlier this week here) used the right column: Friends, lime green and faux stitching.  Don't  you love those citrus slices?
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week.  The Tic-Tac-Toe board gives you so many choices, there's really no excuse to not play along. : )

Supplies:
Card #1:
Stamps:  Repeat Impressions "Cupcakes" and "Birthday"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" Stitched rectangle

Card #2:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Citrus Slice" and "I'm so glad . . . "
Dies: PTI Loopy die; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched line

Card #1 Challenges:
Pattie's Creations #136--image of something sweet
Through the Purple Haze #128--spots and/or stripes
Creative with Stamps #16--celebration

Dare 2B Artzy--bright colors
{Pin}spirational Challenge #194--inspirational photo (I was inspired by the cupcakes)

Art Impressions #212--bling, glitter or glossy (I have rhinestones for bling and I used glossy accents on the cherry to make it shine)
YNS #68--sketch

Stamplorations Summer CAS challenge--CAS

Hiding in My Craft Room #308--super scraps
Shopping our Stash #31--CAS

12 comments:

Cheri said...

Those rainbow lemon slices are so creative, Heather and yes, that cupcake "liner" is perfect. The cupcake looks so real too.

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome job with the tic-tac-toe challenge. Love how you paper pieced the liner on the cupcake.

Donna said...

Two fabulous card Heather, like that cupcake card, great liner and use of Washi tape, and like the colors and lime edging on the second card.

Patti J said...

I do love those citrus slices! I probably need them, right? Cute cards, dear friend! Can't believe you made two! You rock 👏

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of your cards but my favorite is the slices - how brilliant.

Donna said...

Great cards! Love the cupcake...yummy!
Thanks for getting CAS with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Cheri Burry said...

Love the bling and glossy accents on the cherry! Super cute!! Thanks for joining us over at Art Impressions!

Koren Wiskman said...

I am a sucker for a great cupcake image and this is adorable. Thank you for playing with us on the Your Next Stamp Challenge #68.

lauren bergold said...

two absolutely DELICIOUS cards! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (cas!) STASH with us this week! :)

Maike from Maikreations said...

Very cute card! Love the colours and the overall sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at PINspirational Challenges. Hope to see one of your creations next time as well ;o) Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

crafty-stamper said...

Both great CAS cards love the citrus slices
Carol x

Lilian said...

The cupcake is so cute! Both cards are sweet!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio