Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Country girl

The Timeless Tuesday #158 challenge this week is create a project showing country comfort. At first I was at a loss, but then started thinking about denim and how I have this paper that looks like denim. While I was looking for it, I found this hay bale paper. When I think of country, I think of farms and you definitely have to have hay on a farm. I added a little pink paisley and pink ribbon because cowgirls need a little bit of softness. My mother-in-law has horses and my almost 6-year-old helps do chores almost every day. So, I think this card will probably be for her. The sketch is Stampin' Sisterhood #12. The horse stamp is from SU! and the sentiment is from Verve's "Celebrating You" set. The die is also from Verve: "Charming Oval".

3 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

You have all the elements for the perfect country card! That hay paper is marvelous! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing in the Stampin' Sisterhood challenge!!

Carole said...

What a wonderful card. You certainly captured "country!"

Julia Aston said...

The hay bale paper is the perfect backdrop for your wonderful horse stamp! The scallop edge punched piece looks like denim (?) great textures on this country card - thanks so much for playing with the Stampin' Sisters this week!