Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas Scene



The challenge this week from Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is to create a scene on your project. As soon as I saw the challenge, I thought of this set from Clear Dollar Stamps (I can't think what the name is, but it contains a whole bunch of stamps that you can use to create many different fireplace scenes). The fireplace/mantel, logs, fire, candles and stack of books on the mantel are all from this set. The Christmas "tree" I created using a pine branch from Verve's "Ornamental Christmas", that I stamped repeatedly in a tree shape. The wreath/mirror over the fireplace was a happy discovery. I was looking for something the right size to use as a wreath and discovered that one of the elements from PTI's "Simply Stationery" was the perfect size and if you stamp it twice, aligning the points (the 2nd time) into the valleys of the first stamping, it makes this really beautiful decorative circle. Then I added a trio of little red dots from PTI's "Boy Basics: Out of this world" as the berries. I had so much fun creating this scene, I am definitely going to use this set again soon. I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesdays #141 and tied embroidery floss around the squares to look like Christmas presents.




8 comments:

mulberry station said...

Your card seems warm and cozy all over. I am cold tonight so your card really gave me a warm feeling inside. Such a nice take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

You certainly did set the holiday scene here and I really like the bows too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love your warm and cozy card. It blowing winds and cold weather here. love your sweet colors. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@ssw!!!

Hazel said...

I love the fireplace scene you've created and the rich colours - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 60 again - hope to see you again soon. x

Sharon Basel said...

Fabulous card! I love how you created the scene and its position within the oval. And such a creative touch with treating the squares as packages. A really wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Heide said...

So warm and cozy! Great scene on this super card. So glad you could join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Genevieve said...

Beautiful card & the sweetest image ever! Thanks so much for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Kathie said...

Hi Heather this is a great card lovely colours and image. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT