Friday, September 22, 2023

Fa la la llama

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Inspired by a song or book

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I was inspired by the Christmas Carol "Deck the Halls", you know the part where it says Fa la la la la la la la la?  Well, I have Fa La La La Llama!  This little llama is super adorable!  I stamped and die cut him, the present, and the tails of the scarf separately and then adhered them together with some liquid glue.  I also die cut several blank pieces and layered them together under the colored pieces to give some dimension.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper (this has become my new "thing" lately) and finished everything off with a sprinkling of gold die cut stars.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Neat & Tangled "Fa la llama"
Dies: Neat & Tangled "Fa la llama"; Verve stars; Stamps of Life stars from a star flip die set

Challenges:
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
613 Avenue Create--anything goes













Penny's Challenge #555--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #625--use old stamps AND/OR the sketch (I chose to use old stamps.  Neat and Tangled has been out of business for at least 3 years and I bought this stamp set before then)
C.R.A.F.T. #691--Christmas/humorous Christmas 

9 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

I love your Christmas Llama, so cute!! Hope you have a great weekend and are doing something fun for your birthday.

Leslie

Michelle N. said...

That is an adorable llama-very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Treva said...

What a cute llama card, I like that paper too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Jenny L said...

Hi Hather,
what a very brilliant card and a very lovely design too.
Love the papers used and the image is so cute and sweet.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Pay Someone To Do My Classes said...

Thank you so much for this post, I was impressed by your post

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love your Christmassy Llama, a delightful card.

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, such a fun holiday card! Don't you love it when your older stamps are perfect for a card you imagine? Thank you for sharing your talents once again with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Arlene said...

What a fun card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.