Friday, September 1, 2023

Elephant birthday

 Happy September 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

Isn't this little elephant so sweet?!!  I decided to give him a little pair of denim paper pieced overalls as I am not very good at denim coloring and I had the perfect paper!  I used the same paper on the top panel of the card and mixed in a jute pattern to go with my twine bow and some brick patterned paper at the bottom to help give an edgy, modern look. I also stamped the elephant onto gray cardstock to cut down the coloring on his head/body as well.  I added a little shading to both elephant and overalls with a darker marker and called it done! I heat embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder so it would stand out and finished everything off with some gray enamel dots.  Just before I was getting ready to take the picture, I felt like it needed "something".  So, I went and stamped the clusters of little stars and I think it added so much!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tracey Hey elephant stamp set; My Favorite Things "Adorable Elephants" sentiment; Verve "To the Moon" stars
Dies: PaperTrey Ink "Tag Sale #8" tag

Challenges:
Cutie Pie Challenge--stamps and/or stars (got 'em both!)







Double Trouble Challenge #146--SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing (Thing #1--anything goes, Thing #3--play along with any partner: Atlantic Hearts Sketch)
Shopping Our Stash #504--welcome to the jungle













Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
The Paper Shelter #565--add a sentiment
Art Impressions--feeling blue
Krafty Chicks #679--anything goes



15 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute little elephant - love the texture for the background pieces! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts and Double Trouble :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your elephant is too cute, I really like how you pieced his "denim" overalls. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Krafty Chicks this week!

Lori Podolsky said...

Such a sweet little elephant and adorable card, Heather. So glad you joined our Add a Sentiment challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh I love his overalls! Fabulous paper and design. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Dena J said...

Adorable little elephant and I love how you paper pieced his overalls. The stars are a brilliant addition. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Kreativestamping said...

This is charming..thanks for joining our Ai Challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Heather, this is just Darling, the little stars were a great addition. Love your card. I've been VERY remiss for not stopping by, although I have now caught up with my looking at each card I missed. Short of time, meaning I can't comment on each, but I'm so glad I haven't missed your fabulous and beautiful work.
Faith x

Brandi said...

Oh he is so sweet, I love the texture in your papers, great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great job on the piecing of the cute Elephant's overalls. The textured background is a perfect background... adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and our previous partners Critter Crazy and AHSC.

Melanie R said...

Nicely pieces and textured card, Heather! I love the image you selected - he's so sweet. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #146. -- Melanie R.

Kellianne said...

How cute! I love your denim paper pieced overalls on that little cutie! What a fun idea. Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

Nonni said...

Very cute, I love his overalls!! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Heather this is absolutely adorable! great interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for sharing with us at AHSC.

Alicia

dj said...

Super cute elephant!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Welcome to the Jungle" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash challenges!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS504

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest elephant ever, such a sweet and appealing card! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (wild animal!)STASH with us this fortnight!