Friday, July 28, 2023

I moosed up!

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Animals on Parade

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I have several birthdays this month in my family and as I was looking through some of my never before used stamp sets, I came across this adorable moose and a fun sentiment that goes with him, which you will see in a minute.  I guess I was feeling interactive this week because I made several cards which are not just your usual layout.  This one is a fun slider card as you can see in the photo below:
As you pull the pull tab, the panel with the moose slowly rises and reveals the hidden sentiment: "I Moosed Up . . . Happy Belated birthday"  I didn't forget this birthday, we just usually combine the celebration with the recipient's sister's birthday as they are both in July.  But, I know the young man will get a kick out of both the interactive element and the sentiment.
To finish off the card, I added a button and a bit of twine and on the inside, I added another belated birthday type greeting, another moose and two thin strips of paper that were actually left over from the front of the card.  A fun little touch without a lot of effort!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes" inside sentiment
Dies: MFT "Slider Surprise"; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Die Cut Divas--birthday













NBUS--never before used schtuff--first time I've used this moose stamp set
Creative Fingers #259--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #551--anything goes
Creative Creases #62--fun fold (I hope my slider fold counts)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
The Paper Shelter--summer break anything goes
Lil' Red Wagon #715--boys will be boys (masculine)
Krafty Chicks #674--all occasions

9 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun fold, great image and super adorable card.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

An adorable card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Debbie Mageed said...

Absolutely adorable slider card, Heather! That moose is so cute. I really need to do a slider card soon. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kathyk said...

Popped across from the NBUS challenge, to say that your card is absolutely delightful

Kathyk

Leanne said...

Great job, on this, love the moose and nicely done, and I am so happy you played our All Occasions challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Happy Krafty!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

TK said...

Cute card! Your moose is quite fun and handsome

Kampin' Karen said...

What a sweet moose and punny sentiment! Love it!! Thanks for playing at CCC.
Karen, DT

Rae said...

Oh my goodness. This just may be the cutest slider card I've ever seen. hank you for joining us at Creative Creases. Hope you see you for #63.
Rae, DT