Friday, May 19, 2023

Mother's Day Wishes

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Flowers

Here is my card for your inspiration:
This was my card for my mother and it was the perfect way to use up some pretty patterned paper scraps.  When I saw this sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I knew I HAD to use it!  Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for entering the challenge, but I still wanted to give them credit for the sketch.


The photo below shows a lot of the scraps I used.
Some of the strips I just had to trim the bottoms off into a fishtail shape, some of them I die cut with a plain banner die, and the rest were die cut with a stitched banner die.  That way I could get banners that were different widths, which makes the layout more interesting.  I ended up switching out the white die cut flower for a yellow one; it fit the color scheme much better.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Happy Thoughts"
Dies: Papertrey Ink flower die; MFT "Blueprints 13" banner, "Blueprints 12" stitched banner and "Happy Trio"

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #454--anything goes with snippets
Cards Galore--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #74--flower power
Creatalicious Challenge #259--anything goes with the optional twist: use 3 or more patterned papers
Crafty Gals Corner #243--flowers for mom
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: say it with flowers
Triple B Challenge--anything goes with birds, butterflies, or blooms

11 comments:

Treva said...

Nice card, like the bright colored flowers; kudos to you for using your scraps!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This project is so beautiful, you did a lovely job here. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great use of scraps, Heather. The flower finishes the card beautifully. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

Di said...

Perfect snippets card Heather - love how you did all the pretty fishtails.

Hugs
Di xx

Sarn said...

Lots of lovely snippets used up in this pretty card using that great sketch.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Come and enjoy a cocktail (or two) up in the Treehouse later! Hugs, Sarn x

Gerda said...

WOW!! What a awesome card!! Love all the pretty papers and flower you used!! Fabulous card design!! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a gorgeous die cut flower!! Super design!

Chana Malkah said...

Great card and such a fun way to use your scraps!
Thanks for accepting our play date at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

Diane said...

Beautiful card and a fabulous use of all those 'snippets'!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

I love your interpretation of the map!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Great way to use scraps! It's a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com