Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Vintage Christmas

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  As it is the 5th Wednesday of the month, we have a fabulous sketch for your inspiration:
Image may contain: text
And here is my card:
As you all know, I love sketch challenges, but this one had me stumped for a bit!  I just wasn't sure what to use for those squares.  I have a difficult time pairing patterns, so I didn't really want to use patterned papers.  As I was looking through my dies to see what oval I wanted to use, I saw this elegant square and thought it would work perfectly.  So, I die cut 6 of them from white card stock and used metallic gilding polish in Chocolate Bronze and Mint to give them the look of old metal with a patina finish.  I stamped my sentiment on a piece of light gray card stock and darkened the edges with a dark gray ink then added frantage powder and heat embossed it.  I used some white mulberry paper, a sheer sparkly organza ribbon and  soft gold nuvo drops to finish everything off.

Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure you hop over to the House blog for all the details and to see what the rest of the team created.  And if you need any of the stamps I used, make sure you check out the 10% off your entire order coupon over in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "For Unto You . . ."
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large" and "Fleur Di Lis Squares"

Challenges:
Pixie's Craft Workshop--anything goes with snippets (all the fancy squares were cut from scrap white, the oval was cut from a scrap and the mulberry paper was torn from a scrap)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #461--anything goes with optional twist: make your own background
Cardz TV #101--anything goes
Crimbo Crackers #196--anything goes
ART Impressions #269--holiday cards
Love To Craft #39--anything goes
Merry Little Christmas #15--anything goes
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #57--anything goes
Crafty Friends #121--embossing (heat embossing the frantage)
Incy Wincy--use something metallic (I used metallic gilding polish to make my "metal" pieces)
Word Art Wednesday #411--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Mod Squad--sentiment says it all

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow Heather - you did it again -- you knocked it out of the park! Love the die cuts for the squares in the sketch (wish I would have thought of that!) - This is such an elegant card!

Donna said...

How gorgeous! The metallic squares are fabulous, like the bow and highlighting this beautiful sentiment was a great idea, you rocked this challenge!

Laurie Unger said...

I love the die cuts in the background and how you used the gilding polish to color them - very cool. That ribbon and bow just finish this off nicely.

Glittered Paws said...

Brilliant- what a great take on the sketch. I thought that was mulberry paper I saw peeking out from the oval. Love the antique look of this - and what a beautiful Christmas Card.

creationsnz said...

Super metallics on your card, great design. Thanks for sharing at Incy Wincy Metallics challenge. We hope you come again soon, CarolG

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Heather, and that Chocolate Bronze and Mint gilding polish looks amazing. What a great technique. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge :) Lynda DT

Niki said...

Simply jaw-dropping, Heather! Thank you for posting in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge!

Niki • DT Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, xxx

Patti J said...

Heather, this is simply stunning! I love every thing about it! Can't believe you were stumped - you make it look so easy! Hugs...!

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Jeather - it really is so beautiful. Lovely design and pretty colours and the bow is a lovely touch!

Hugs

Di
xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous elegant card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT