Monday, October 1, 2018

Project Remake

Today, it's my day to share a Pick of the Week on the House That Stamps Built blog.  I have a small stack of card elements sitting beside my desk that I am trying to work at using up.  A couple of them are cards that I made a long, long, long time ago and are in need of some work.  But as I am adverse to throwing anything away that could be used for something, I've been holding onto them with the thought of remaking them.  So, today is the day for one of these poor creations.  This is probably one of the first cards I made way back when I started cardmaking.  It's rather plain, with a rather odd color combo, and really, quite boring:
 Plus, the adhesive had dried up and the focal element was no long stuck on, and the sentiment on the inside did not stamp completely.
 Well, I set about dressing up the focal element first, and it was a good thing as the layers pretty much fell apart as I was looking at them.  Here is what it looks like with the addition of some mulberry paper and sentiment.  Better already!  I used Repeat Impressions' "Butterfly Sil (sm)" and "Love Stencil" (I used only the word).
 I created a panel for the front using the "Postcard" stamp in a light gray and inking the edges of the panel with the same gray.
 I added some ribbon and a bow that were made from ribbon salvaged from some other project and some pearls.  And this is the end result:
 So much better!  And I even salvaged the card base, adhering the new panel to the front and adding one on the inside with a new sentiment "May the Lord . . ."
So, maybe you have some cards that have been sitting around forever and will never be mailed out due to the fact they are just not quite mail worthy?  I hope this encourages you to go back and see if you can improve them, perhaps even using the same elements.

Challenges:
Craft Dee Bow-Z--anything goes with handmade bow
Addicted To Stamps #311--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #399--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Crafty Creations #375--anything goes
Creative Knockouts #265--anything goes

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Love this idea, Heather! Love it!!!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Wow!!! What a great idea! We all have cards we'd love to 'remake'! Yours turned out spectacularly! I love the addition of the mulberry paper! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant transformation love the script paper and the mulberry paper and gorgeous bow transform it completely-beautiful result
Carol x

Creative world said...

Gorgeous card,great colors and fab design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Jean said...

What a great idea and loving the card you have created, the purple just brings it all to life.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Michelle said...

Very precious and great how you reused the old card.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a fabulous remake with some spectacular colors!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)