Monday, August 13, 2018

Special Stationery

I had a bit of down time today, so I started a very minor clean up of my creating space.  Several years ago (more like 13 or 14), someone gave me a bunch of card blanks and other interesting card bases.  A lot of them are odd shapes or even have cutouts or embossed sections.  So, a lot of them I've struggled to use and they've just been sitting beside my desk.  This creation came from that stash--it was a pack of stationery and envelopes that I guess are designed to be embossed.  The sheets of paper are much too flimsy to use to create a card, but I decided they would be perfect for creating a little stationery set for myself.  I just wrote an actual letter yesterday and ended up tearing 8x11 sheets of paper in half.  Well, no more!  Now I have this pretty little set to write letters on.  There are 10 sheets of paper, but unfortunately, there were only 3 envelopes in the package.  Anyway, here's what I came up with:
 At the top they say "From The Desk of" with my initials.  I stamped two decorative finials on the end  of the sentiment and a pretty mum in the background.  On the front of the envelopes I stamped the same mum and on the back flap, I stamped two decorative circles and the initial of my last name.
I think it turned out quite elegant and professional looking.  AND I managed to do something with some of my stash!!  I have a few more letters I need to write, and I will definitely be using these!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Simply Stationery", "Fresh Alphabet" and "Mum's the Word"

Challenges:
Art Impressions #238--card and envelope (I know it's not exactly a card, but they do go together)
Through The Purple Haze #147--make it CAS
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #25--anything goes
Dare2B Artzy--anything goes
Creative Craft--no patterned paper
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Addicted To Stamps #304--CAS
Southern Girls--stamp your mark on it
Crafty Friends--anything goes
Fussy and Fancy #218--CAS

4 comments:

Dawn said...

great use of your stash!! Thanks for sharing at the Through the Purple Haze
Dawn DT

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, so delicate and beautiful! Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Heather… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely stationary set, enjoy your letter writing… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT