Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A little birdie told me

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  As it is the 5th Wednesday of the month, we have a fabulous sketch for your inspiration:
No automatic alt text available.
And here is the card I created using the sketch:
Aren't these little birdies the cutest??!!  I've had them for several months and this is the first time I've used them, but it definitely won't be the last!!  They are so sweet.  I just got the birdbath stamp and the grass border stamp this week so it was the perfect time to put them all together to create a little scene.  the little cutie in the top circle is actually the same image as the bird sitting on the birdbath.  I was looking through my patterned papers and came across this birdhouse paper which I thought was perfect.  I've had the blue ribbon for years and years and years, now I just have one smallish piece left.  I used a cloud stencil from Taylored Expressions to create the sky in the background.

Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure you hop over to the House blog for all the details and to see what the rest of the team created.  And if you need any of the stamps I used, make sure you check out the 10% off your entire order coupon over in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Tiny Bird (side)", "Tiny Bird (flight)", "Tiny Bird (front)", "Grass Border", "Birdbath" and "Little Birdie 2-sided swing stamp set"  I used only the first sentiment from that set
Dies: Verve scalloped circle die
Taylored Expressions cloud stencil set

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
heARTful Stamping--anything goes
Sweet Stampin'--birthdays OR make it a remake
Hiding In My Craft Room #367--any occasion (birthday)
Cardz TV #62--anything goes
Fussy and Fancy #219--anything goes
Crafty Friends--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Too funny - well great minds think alike - and I think I even have the dp you used somewhere in my stash. These little birds are so cute - and although we both used the same elements they are entirely different.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Heather, I LOVE the adorable scene you created for the sketch this week! Everything on your card goes together perfectly! Love the dies you used to cut out your birdies with, and what lovely coloring!! Such a pretty card!

Donna said...

What a darling scene Heather and the birds on the side are too cute and the perfect background paper, I know you positioned the birdhouses at the top on purpose-how creative!

cass said...

So sweet, wonderful design and perfect paper for the little birds. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Laurie Unger said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet. Great take on the challenge this week!

Sammy said...

This is sooooooo cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x