Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Seaside Birthday

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a beautiful inspiration photo for you:
No automatic alt text available.
You can choose to be inspired by the colors, the photo or both!  It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to interpret it, but finally decided I wanted to emphasize the actual pieces of sea glass in the photo:
     So, I picked a beachy image colored it using the tan and aqua blue from the color combo and added small pieces of sea glass in colors the match the ones in the photo.  I have used this sandcastle image a couple times, and I think this time is my favorite.  The colors I used really make it come alive.  Wendy already added some shading/shadows in the image, so I just added a little bit darker sand colored marker and it really adds so much depth.
     I hope you will be able to play along with us.  I can't wait to see how this photo inspires you!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sandcastle" and "Birthday"
Punches: Fiskars "Upper Crest" border punch

Challenges:
That's Crafty--close to nature
Craft Rocket #50--summer
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Stamplorations CAS challenge--CAS

Creative Knockouts #254--summer fun
Sketch Saturday #522--sketch

Crafty Catz #425--anything goes with optional twist: think summer
Cardz TV #56--anything goes

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great card, Heather! I love the little stones you added to your beach scene to copy the ones from the inspiration board! You're a genius!

Donna said...

What a great take on the photo, great coloring and the sea glass is perfect for the photo!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love how you used the sand castle as your focal image and the sea glass is awesome.

Laurie Unger said...

Loving the sea glass - very creative.

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! This is a super clever way to use the sketch and your image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this time at Sketch Saturday. Claire DT

Cheri said...

Love this card, Heather and the addition of real beach glass is a great embellishment idea. Using the sandcastle stamp was a perfect stamp for your design idea. The tiny strip of punched border is a great design idea too.