Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Spring is coming

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have an inspiration photo for you that might help get you ready for warmer weather (as if anyone needs help with that!):
No automatic alt text available.
So, I thought I was using the color combo, but seeing the two pictures together show that my purples are a bit off.  So, good thing I also used the same flower as in the photo:
 I stamped and colored the image and then fussy cut it out and layered it on some torn mulberry paper.  Then I stamped the oval image,  colored it with the same green marker I used on the leaves and then fussy cut it out as well.  I added some glitter pen to the bee's wings and the centers of the flowers which you can see better in the photo below:
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will play along with us this week.  I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Frames--Oval and Round Cling Set" oval frame and "Hydrangea"
Dies: Spellbinders "Filigree Delights"

Challenges:
Aurora Wings #64--Bingo (I used the center row: flowers/green, die cuts, buttons)

heARTful Stamping--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge #213--spring flowers (use any flowers)
Cardz TV #135--anything goes
Sweet Stampers--things with wings (the bee)
Fussy and Fancy #205--flowers, lace and pearls
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--2+ layers
Inspiration Destination--anything goes with the optional twist: use a real stamp

16 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Like your beautiful card - 3 other people used this image and love how everyone put their take on the inspiration. Beautiful coloring.

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the deep colors and the beautiful way you framed your hydrangeas!

joy said...

Love the dark rich colors. They make this a very sophisticated card.

Donna said...

This is beautiful, fabulous coloring and like your background. Amazing that three of us used this image and they all look so different!

Laurie Unger said...

Beautiful coloring on this. Fun to see the results you ladies came up with who used the same image.

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous coloring, Heather and fabulous design. It also looks from here like you used the first row down, purple, green, and (almost? black). In any case it's beautiful. Thanks for playing Bingo with us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Patti J said...

Hi Heather! Popular stamp for this challenge! Great job, my friend! Thanks for sharing...!

Dorothy S said...

Great inspiration! The flowers are beautiful, and I especially like the ornate oval borders. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

Billie A said...

Very pretty flowers and coloring. I am so ready for spring and this card made me smile. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Kuni said...

Stunning card Heather.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty card thanks for playing at agoac

Cheri said...

This stopped me in my tracks, Heather! I love the deep color you gave those flowers...and that bee....he's perfect! I love the frame, the style and the details....I love everything about this card. Gorgeous!

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hi Heather!
Very beautiful card, love the colors and image.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog, and have a great day! Hugs Marlene

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card, I love the rich purple against the filigree background. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Your card is wonderful
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers
Hugs Anja

Alison said...

What a lovely card! I really like the deep purples of the hydrangeas. Thank you so much for joining the Aurora Wings Bingo challenge!