Saturday, February 24, 2018

Purrfect Birthday

It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Die Cuts
And here is my card for your inspiration:
All of Di's images are super cute but I really love her kitties!!  Maybe it's because I love kitties in general. : )  Up until about 10 months ago, I had 3 of my very own.  Sadly, my "old man" passed away only a couple months before his 18th birthday so now, I'm down to two.  My "old man" was gray, so he is depicted by the kitty sitting on the present and my "big boy" is a stripey orange, so he's the other in the image.  I managed to pull a few pieces out of my bits and pieces stash for this one: one of the balloons, one layer of on of the teal roses and the sentiment banner, and the star for the "leaves" under the yellow flower.  It looks almost black, but the card base is a navy base I've had in my stash for probably 14 years.  Someone gave me a bunch of card bases and pieces and I am slowly using them up.  I colored both the image and my balloons with my spectrum noirs.  The smaller, teal roses were made with a punch and the yellow was made with a die.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Di's Digi Stamps "A Purrfect Day" digi; MFT "Essential Elements"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; MFT "Bold Stripes Cover Up Die" sentiment strip and "Blueprints 12" yellow flower and "Blueprints 13" star for smaller rose 'leaves'; PTI "Heart 2 Heart #2" balloons and "Fancy Flakes" 'leaves' for yellow rose
Fiskars small flower punch

Challenges:
Cardz TV #36--anything goes
Cut It Up #142--anything goes
Creative Fingers #143--anything goes
Crafty Catz #405--anything goes with optional twist: birthdays
Cute Card Thursday #518--cute critters
Little Miss Muffet #183--anything goes
Mod Squad--animal fun
Penny's Challenge #368--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge #213--spring flowers
As You Like It--favorite way to add a sentiment (I really like using these really narrow banners; they fit just about anywhere and add a bit of texture/interest)
MFT Birthday Challenge--bouquet of balloons


9 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Heather, those kitties look adorable.
Wendy x

Glittered Paws said...

Love to see how you use your stash papers. This is a beautiful card - and the kitties are special. We had 3 not too long ago but our "old man" passed at 20 and our little Nikki was 16. Have one diabetic calico left.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 368 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Janette said...

Such a cute card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Those kitties are adorable and I love that they represent your own little guys. I really like that the card itself is square - the same shape as the gift in the image - and your repetition of the balloons. Gorgeous paper, too!

Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Carol L said...

What a sweet little card with those matching balloons and rosebuds! Adorable image and fun matching papers too! Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card and image. Great coloring and layout thanks for sharing. On my card that just the pattern on the paper.

Brenda said...

Heather, this is such a cute card, I love those kitties too! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Heather... love the colours and those adorable kitties :o) Hugs, Lisa x