Friday, January 19, 2018

Sprinkled

Last month, Esther from the Crop Stop Challenge Blog had asked me to be a guest designer on the blog and as she was having a bit of difficulty finding some for this month, she asked me if I would be willing to guest design again today.  Of course, I said "yes!"  Here is my card for your inspiration:
I created my tag with a bunch of scraps from one of my favorite paper packs (alas, it is all used up now.) and a Spellbinders scalloped tag die.  I layered it with a Pierced Heart die from My Favorite Things (which happened to be in my bits and pieces stash) and then my cupcake image, colored with spectrum noir markers) and sentiment banner.   I finished the tag off with some ribbon tied in a bow using my bow-easy tool.  Since there were so many patterns/colors going on with the tag, I wanted to keep my background more neutral.  I used core-dinations white card stock embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and die cute with an MFT stitched rectangle.  Thanks for stopping by, and thanks, Esther, for inviting me back again.

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Baker's Dozen"
Dies: PTI "Baker's Dozen"; Spellbinders "Scalloped Tags"; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle
Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing dots

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments #195--anything goes
ART Impressions #224--feel the love
As You Like It--favorite die and why (My favorite die would have to be this stitched rectangle from Blueprints 13--it just adds a finished touch to the second layer  and is the perfect size)
C.R.A.F.T #451--love/Valentine's
Double D Challenge--Kitchen is the heart of the home (inspired by the colors of the aprons in the upper photo and the baking theme)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--add a sentiment
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #137--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #363--anything goes
Fab n' Funky--girly
Cuttlebug Mania--Valentine's Day
Incy Wincy--tag
Hiding In My Craft Room #335--hiding in my craft room
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow



20 comments:

Cheri said...

This is beautiful, Heather!

Esther Asbury said...

Heather, I'm so happy you could guest design for us today! I adore this beautiful card with it's patchwork tag, pretty ribbon bow, and sweet cupcake! Soooo pretty!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh that cupcake looks SO good! Great layout Heather! A lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges! Linda

sweet art designs said...

What a fabulous design! Love it. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Darlene said...

SO cute Heather ... sure to bring a yummy smile to someone's face! I know it did to mine! Congrats on the GDT spot ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Kitchen is Where the Heart Is’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

P.S. This also fits our 'Kids Kards' challenge at the DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG

Billie A said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the idea using scraps to cover your tag. The image is darling and love the coloring. The bow is the stunning. Awesome card. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments (this could qualify for Always Happy Birthday challenge)

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you included a tag in your design That cupcake looks good enough to eat. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Judith said...

Aw this is so pretty - love the colour scheme too, thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith x

Kathy Barnett said...

What a cute card. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Kathy

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet and fun design!! Love this!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

MagsB said...

Heather, this is such a pretty card! I love the ribbon! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge.

love Mags B x

Glittered Paws said...

How "sweet" this is - and the first thing that I saw was the ribbon and bow at the top of your tag. Just adds the finishing touch.

Jil Lebel said...

Beautiful card. I love how you did the bow. Thank you for joining the Ai "Feel the Love" Challenge!

Renee Matarese said...

This is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

Diane said...

Super cute AND yummy!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Rae Ann said...

This is such a great way to use up those scraps we all hate to throw away. The colors you chose work so well together and the white background really lets them pop.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Squirrel x said...

Love this, and a fab choice of die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AYLI for this challenge. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Brenda said...

I love that you made the tag from scraps and how better to showcase it than on a wonderful stitched rectangle. One of my most used dies also. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is gorgeous. Love your color choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Kleri said...

Very creative use of your scraps!Super cute card!Sorry for commenting so late I've been fighting a bad cold still.Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)