Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Sketch Time

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a fun sketch for you:
Image may contain: text
I love sketches and had so much fun with this one that I made two cards.  My first one is a bit fancier:
 This was inspired by this card I found on Pinterest a while ago:
HandsOfTimeandTheSweetLife; Two of my favorite stamp sets
I thought of it immediately when I saw this week's sketch.  This card was actually part of the reason I got the clock face stamp. : )  I had fun rooting around in my "bits and pieces" stash.  I pulled out the two smaller flowers (I had to recolor them a little to match my color scheme), the sentiment strip (I had to mask and selectively ink the sentiment to make it fit), and the fun paper stripped panel (which were scraps from paper pad I finished up last year).  Since I had half a sheet of the raspberry card stock and half of the paper strip panel left after the first card, I decided to make a quick Valentine's Day card using the same sketch:
This time the white circle and the fancy pink circle were in the bits and pieces stash.  All I need to do was stamp the image and sentiment, add a strip of ribbon and a few pearls and this one was done!  I hope you will play along with us this week.  Sketches are a great starting point for your creations.  And if you need any of the stamps I used today, check out my 10% off your total order coupon over there in my left sidebar.

Card 1:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Flower Power Separates: Daisy Outline Large, Daisy Outline Small, Leaf Outline small, Stem Outline", "Clock Face #3" and "Happy Birthday"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large" and "Teardrop Circles"; MFT "Stitched Scalloped trio" and "Bold Stripes Cover-Up"; PTI "Hands of Time"

Challenges:
Divas That Cut--do or use something new (the clock face stamp is new, first time I've used it)
Creative Inspiration--something new (new clock face stamp)
Always Happy Birthday--birthday + a pink card base
Penny Black--something new (clock face stamp)
Use Your Stuff #294--something new (clock face stamp)
Crafty Catz #491--anything goes with optional twist: something new (clock face stamp)
Fussy and Fancy #204--fussy and fancy
Cardz TV #32--anything goes
Crafty Friends #16--anything goes
heARTful Stamping--anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania--hip hip horray (birthday)

Card 2:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Love Stencil"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large" and "Teardrop Circles"

Challenges:
ART Impressions #224--feel the love
Southern Girls--round and round the mulberry bush (round dies)
Hiding In My Craft Room #337--any holiday
Sweet Stampin'--Valentine's/love
Shopping Our Stash #339--he loves me he loves me not
Die Cuttin' Divas #354--anything goes



20 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love your bits and pieces cards. What a cool idea for the clock face. I keep a pad by my computer to write down stamps I just have to HAVE and this will be one of them.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Heather --- you outdid yourself! Both cards are beautiful, but I'm particularly drawn to the first one! Love that beautiful clock with the flower overlay....absolutely gorgeous!! I might need to CASE this sometime in the future!

Arlene said...

Wonderful cards. I love the clock. It's so much fun. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

Rene said...

These are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene

Donna said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH (again) this week for our He Loves Me He Loves Me Not challenge!

Donna said...

Fantastic cards, you have the best scrap collection of anyone I know!

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific duo of cards and both are perfect for the sketch suggestion! HIMCR's 2nd Saturday super scraps theme will be in 2 weeks, so I've got to remember to use this sketch idea!!! Thanks! for HIMCR DT, Becca (again!)

Lilly said...

Lovely bright cards and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Lilly (GDT)

Gerda said...

Both cards are gorgeous!! Love the bright colors!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful cards. Great job with the sketch.

Susan Renshaw said...

Two fab cards - love your use of bits and pieces!
Thank you for sharing with Hiding in my Craft Room!
Susan
HIMCR Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Carol L said...

I love how you chose the clock for this sketch, and oh my how pretty the card is too! I love all the soft colors with the dark hands of the clock - it's a wonderful contrast! The love card is pretty too with all of those patterns and colors! Great ideas for this sketch!

Georgiana said...

Both are great! Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

AndreaNorris said...

Gorgeous and bright, I love the idea of the clock with flowers. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday this time
Andrea x

Cheri said...

Both are stunning cards, Heather and what a bush bee you have been! Your first card is breathtaking. What a fabulous job you did on that CASE. The second card is adorable and I love how you used that little heart. Fantastic sketch cards.

Juliet A said...

It looks like you has a great time with the paper piecing, and you used it well on this cards. Thanks again for joining us at the HeARTful Stamping Challenge!

Unknown said...

Lovely card very bright and beautiful thanks for entering our Fussy and Fancy Challenge, and good luck xx Annie

Chris said...

Both cards are awesome - I'm always looking for good ways to use up scraps! :) Congrats on making Top 3 over at my heARTful stamping challenge this week. I hope you'll be back!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Crafty Friends with your lovely card.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]