Sunday, January 1, 2017

Football

Happy New Year!!  It's time for another challenge from Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!!  We've changed up our format a little bit this year so make sure you check out the LTSCB site for all the details.  This month our challenge to you is Anything Goes!  Our sponsors are:

Bugaboo Digi Stamps


I got to choose an image from Dr. Digi's to work with and as I knew football playoffs would be starting soon and the Super Bowl is in a month or so, I chose Gridiron Greg. 
It turned out that I remembered rather last minute that I needed a birthday card for my cousin and he likes football.  He is a New England Patriots Fan as are almost all males in New England so I did a quick search on Google to make sure I got the jersey colors correct and then colored up Greg to look like a Patriots player.  I had the perfect papers that I wanted to use for the card.  One small problem: I didn't have any pieces large enough to fit the size of the card base.  But a little creative cutting, piecing and layering and no one will ever know!  Except you, because I'm posting the photo of what I did maybe as some inspiration as a way to use up smaller pieces of paper:

I knew I would have a vertical panel on the right hand side, so I pieced together what I had and once I added that other panel, it looks perfect!  I had a small strip of the other paper left, so I added it to the inside.
And since this is a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 in card, I had to make my own envelope with my envelope punch board.  I really like to use pieces of patterned paper that I will never use for anything else to create my envelopes and I thought this grass piece was perfect for a football game.  I know, Genius!!  I also made it larger than necessary as square cards cost more to mail for whatever reason.
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this month.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Supplies:
Stamps: Dr. Digi's House of Stamps "Gridiron Greg" digi; PTI "Fresh Monogram" capital letters; Verve "Happy Everything" sentiment on the inside

Challenges:
Cardz TV #7--anything goes
Brown Sugar #231--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #458--anything goes
Creative Knockouts #174--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #296--anything goes
Tuesday Morning sketches--anything goes
Just Add Ink #342--Just Add "N"--navy
Inspiration Destination #118--anything goes
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2--choose your favorite sketch from the year (I chose #86)

11 comments:

Robin said...

Fabulous! No one will ever know what you pieced! This is a wonderful card for any football player! Hugs, Robin

Shuly said...

wow! fantastic job in and out and even the enveloppe is crafted with football grass, how excellent is that!!!

Denise Goeldner said...

Fantastic card, love the technique and bold colours. Thanks for playing along at Creative Knockouts
Denise DT

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card! I love the patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

Brenda said...

Love that you were able to use your paper, it kinda has the same heritage as crazy quilts, right? Wonderful card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

*Vicki* said...

What a great image and a wonderful masculine style design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! I hope you will join us for the new challenge this week too! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Joanna M. said...

Great masculine card. I love that you had to look up the colors of the jerseys (I made one recently and had to do that too ... makes me feel better about not knowing!) Please come back on the 18th for our new challenge. Your cards are always a joy to view.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Fabulous!!! So much creativity here, even though it is for a Patriots fan (I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan!!!). Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2,

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Great male sports card! Love your bright colors and fun football image! Thanks for playing along at SSW2!
Judi SSW2

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for the welcome and comment on my blog-brilliant masculine card and image and very creative paper piecing lol
Carol x

Leslie said...

I'm a little late getting around to team blogs but I'm here finally! Love this! Dr. Digi's images are so fun and you've really done a great job with this! Love the design!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2