Wednesday, September 14, 2016

You're old!

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another What If? Wednesday challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week it is Designer's Choice and that designer is ME!  This is crazy birthday time for our family--my brother-in-law's b-day is the 16th, my husband's the 19th and mine is the 21st--so I chose a Birthday theme.  We can always use birthday cards, right?  Well, this one is for my brother-in-law.  I hope the "potty" humor doesn't offend anyone.  If it does, I apologize.  That being said, my sister convinced me that this would be perfect for her hubby as he has a bit of a strange sense of humor.  (Edited to add: My BIL LOVED this card!  Right away he said he had to take it to work to show a co-worker.  Honestly, I think he was more excited about the card than the gifts that went along with it, which I know he liked!)
 I started with a red base, as that is his favorite color.  And I added some brown sequins for, well, I'm not going to say it.  Let's just say that my three girls thought it was kind of gross.
 The sentiment "oh crap . . . you're old" is kind of fitting because he is turning 30!  And I can say it, because I'm several (and a few more) years older than him.
I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us this week.  You can even make a birthday card for me, if you want!  : )

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions from the Holy Crap series "you're", "OLD!", "oh, crap . . .", "plunger", and "toilet"
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangles for the frame

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion #32--anything goes
MFP #37--anything goes
CAS-ual #156--Dimension & Bling
Crafty Catz #337--anything goes with the twist of anything but a square
Brown Sugar--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #13--Happy Birthday
Cuttlebug Mania--anything goes


14 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

LOL - what a fun crazy and great birthday card for your BIL - I bet this will bring lots of laughs.

Unknown said...

Oh what a super fun shaker card, Love it. Thanks for sharing with us and Happy Birthday to you all. Jennifer Dt member Unicorn Challenge blog. xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I LOVE this kind of "potty" humor and you made an awesome creation with it too. What a great shaker card. Fun fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
Hugs

Vickie Y said...

What a fun and funny card! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Scrappin Sue said...

What a fun card
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Di said...

Such a fun card Heather,bet it was a huge success 😊

Hugs

Di xx

Cuttlebug Mania DT

joy said...

Shaker cards are my favorite and this is fabulous!

Cheri said...

I LOL when I saw this in the album, Heather. There's no doubt this card will be a hit with your BIL. Thanks for a fun challenge.

Patti J said...

Hee hee...this is adorbs! Bet your BIL loves it! Great card - you rocked this challenge!

Ravengirl said...

Nice, this is a riot! I don't mind the potty humor as I have a 10 year old and work in an elementary school. Glad your BIL liked it!

Michelle said...

This is so different but great. The idea of making a shaker card with this image. I love it.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

Kathy S said...

A toilet shaker! HAHAHA - that is so fun.

Channin Pelletier said...

I almost don't know what to say, a shaker card with brown sequins and a toilet! LOL! So hilarious! I love that your bother-in-law loved it so much, that's so awesome!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

lol!! What a fun card :oD