Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Anniversary

This is a busy card making week for me.  My brother-in-law's birthday is Friday, my in-laws' anniversary is Sunday, my husband's birthday is Monday and my birthday is Wednesday!  Obviously, this is my in-laws' anniversary card.
My mother-in-law and I actually went to the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo in Marlborough, MA last weekend.  We took a couple of classes offered by JustRite Stampers.  The first one was learning how to mix background stamps, so I gave it a go on this card, knowing that my mother-in-law would appreciate it.  Our second class was on two-step stamping and we received this flower set in the class, so I tried that technique, too.  It's tough to see, but I pierced a border along both edges of the sentiment strip for some added interest.

Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers "Chicken Wire" background stamp and "Romantic Wild Roses"; PTI "Damask Designs" sentiment; Hero Arts French Script stamp

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion #329--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop--anything goes with snippets (the flowers and leaves were stamped on scrap pieces of white card and fussy cut out.  The pink strip was a scrap as was the white sentiment strip.)
Sketch Saturday #429--sketch

Hiding In My Craft Room #266--super scraps (I think everything except the green base was a scrap or offcut)
CAS-ual Fridays #156--dimension & bling
Brown Sugar--anything goes
Crafting with an Attitude--anything goes

3 comments:

Scrappin Sue said...

Very pretty
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Di said...

Great card Heather - at first I thought the background was designer paper! It's brilliant and the flowers worked out great! Love it all.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Heather, I love the gorgeous flower.

Sue xx