Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Photo Inspiration

Happy Wednesday!  We have another challenge for you today from The House That Stamps Built.  This week is an inspiration photo challenge and here is the photo:
Isn't it beautiful!?  I really liked the combination and contrast of the light and dark colors.  I had just seen a new bleach technique on Pinterest and decided to give it a try as I thought it could give me that same light/dark feeling.  Here's how it turned out:
In real life, this card is soooo pretty.  But it's really hard to capture the full effect in a photo (or it's hard for me anyway!)  So, here is a second photo that shows the embossing:

Here's how I made it.  I started with black card stock; used versamark to stamp Repeat Impressions' "Butterly (lg.)", which I then embossed with black embossing powder.  Then I made a little mixture of water and a little bit of bleach.  I used a paint brush to brush on the mixture inside the embossed areas.  It was so fun to watch the color changing right before my eyes.  The contrast and depth created by this technique is really awesome.  I hope I inspire you to give it a try.  I mounted that panel on kraft card stock to mimic the light and added a melon bow, because, well, it just needed some real color in there. : )  A fun little tag with a word from one of our brand new word sets and a few pearls and it's done!  I can't wait to see how you are inspired by this picture.

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments #140--anything goes with a sentiment
Creative Knockouts #126--CAS
Crafting with An Attitude--anything goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge--anything goes
V's Sweet Ideas #38--technique Tuesday (use a new technique)
Craft Dee Bow-Z--anything goes with handmade bow
Scrapper's Delight #48--anything goes
Little Miss Muffet #120--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "9001W Butterfly (lg)" and "Hello Cling Set"

9 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A very elegant card. Lovely stamping. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Gail said...

Heather, this is so pretty and sweet. I remember doing that technique years ago and it's so nice to see you do it on this card since it is a great reminder of a fabulous technique! Your ribbon and bow are the perfect addition to this gorgeous embossed/bleached card. What a very very pretty card. I really like this. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our September challenge. Hugs, Gail

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful CAS card.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Sharla said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the butterflies, thank you for sharing with us at LMMS Anything Goes Challenge! :)

Patti J said...

Heather, this is gorgeous!!! Love how the butterflies shine! Great job with this photo inspiration, my friend!

joy said...

Embossing is one of my favorite techniques and I love how you have used it on your card.

April said...

What an absolutely beautiful card. I will be CASEing this one. The embossing on the black cardstock is so elegant. Thank you for joining us on the Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog.
April

applejack cards by sue said...

A great technique, thank you for sharing. A really lovely card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT xx

Rebecca said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendars, we hope to see you again!

Love From Rebecca xx