Sunday, March 10, 2013

Queen for a Day

 Ok, so this post has a lot of pictures and a lot of blah, blah, blah so I posted the picture of the final product first so that you can just look at that and move on, if that's what you want to do.  But you can keep reading if you're interested.  The little circle card I already posted and you can find it here.  My best friend's birthday is the 12th and I made this card for her.  Then to package up her gift (don't judge, we don't go crazy, just a little something works) I decided to make something that coordinated with the card.  Isn't it sweet?!  I mentioned in the post for the card, that I needed to have a sentiment that said "Queen for a day" to go with my theme.  As you can see on the tag, I now have one!  Yeay!!!  It was made for me by Mynnette Kitchen (as I had a card showcased on Technique Time Tuesdays challenge blog) and it is fabulous.  She added the little crown and it is the perfect finishing touch! (Thanks Mynnette)
 Now, here's whats in the gift.  I just recently started making these fabric flowers for a few things that needed accessorizing and my friend really has a thing for black and white.  I hotglued a pin on the back so it can be pinned on a purse, scarf, jacket, whatever.  I made a smaller pair for myself to clip on shoes, but that's different story. : )
 Then I made her this pair of earrings, 'cause that's what I do and who doesn't love a new pair of earrings!?  I have these earring cards and I just use swirl and butterfly stamps to dress it up a bit.
 This picture shows the two  boxes that those gifts went into and I created a lattice effect with ribbon (to fit Squigglefly's challenge to use ribbon other than just to tie a bow) and added two little tags.  If you enlarge the photo you can see I added a rhinestone to the center of the crown on the sentiment.  Little things . . .

 Then I made this super yummy body scrub.  I changed the recipe a bit, I used 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 epsom salts for the sugar part and I added a little bit of Vanilla extract for aroma.  It smells awesome and looks just like cookie dough, but if you make it, don't eat it 'cause the epsom salts make it really bitter.  I know . . . from experience.  You could eat it, though cause everything is natural.
 Anyway, then I made another little tag and added a description to the top and everything is all ready to go.
Phew!  You made it!  Thanks for hanging in there.

Challenges:
Flat Friends #6--friendship
Cutie Pie Challenges #39--magical
Squigglefly #9--ways with ribbon other than bows
Flutterby Wednsdays #230--anything goes
Delightful Challenges--buttons, bling and embellishment things

Supplies:
Stamps: Emma Canning "Cinders" digi; Squigglefly "Cinderella Story" slipper and pillow digis; Clear Dollar Stamps "Elegant Flourishes"; Mynnette Kitchen sentiment; Skipping Stones Design "Dandelion Dreams" butterfly on earring card
Template: My Time Made Easy "Tricky Treat Tote"
Dies/punches: Verve "Classy Label" and "Classy Labels Mini" for the tags; spellbinders circles and scalloped circles, large for the jar topper; Martha Stewart butterfly punch

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh this is sooo cute - love it x x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW! Your friend is gonna love your creations hun!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Holly Young said...

Heather, how darling! the whole little coordinated set is sweet and pretty as can be. I know your friend will feel like she is Queen for the day! Thanks for sharing this with us at Squigglefly this week!

Denice said...

As I read your post I kept thinking how this would be a wonderful gift for a close friend of mine...your creations are inspiring, TFS!
And thanks for playing along with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.
:Dxx