Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thank You

 This may have been one of the fastest cards I have ever made.  Maybe it's because I already had the card base cut and folder and the chevron strip of paper only needed to be trimmed, or maybe it's because it was such a fun sketch.  I don't know, but it was fast and I love it.
Here's a view from the side.  For a little bit extra fun, I die cut the butterfly from the top layer and popped it up on foam tape

Challenges:
Flutter by Wednesdays #229--3 or more layers
Inkspirational challenges #9--sketch

Fabulous Fridays (Frosted Designs)--chevrons
Stamping with Dragon--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Through the Trees" sentiment
Dies: PTI butterfly
Paper: Basic Grey

8 comments:

Narelle Fasulo said...

very nice Heather,I love the colours and the way you popped up the die cut, very nice.
Cheers,
Narelle

sandie said...

Great for cut butterfly and funky chevron paper. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Cathi ONeill said...

Wonderful card Love the reversed die cut, very clever. Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the chevron paper on the deep blue background. The popped up frame is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Inkspirational!

Katie said...

I love the colors you used for this card- and of course the little bit of bling on the butterfly is great too! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs for the Chevron challenge!

Ruth M said...

Wonderful card Heather, I love the popped up negative die cut panel, great colours too!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this idea, Heather! The dimension to show off the butterfly is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!!! :)

Brenshevia said...

Really cute card love the butterfly, its one of my favorite embellishments, thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!