Friday, July 24, 2026

Sympathy

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Embossing (Dry/heat)

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I once again found myself in need of a sympathy card.  As I was thinking about what I wanted to do, I remembered that years ago I had received a package of embossed backgrounds from someone in the mail.  It may have been part of a prize package I had won, but I've had them so long I really can't remember.  Anyway, in that pack was this beautiful flower embossed background.  I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die which flattened out the embossing in the center a bit, but it was ok since that was were my image ended up being placed.  I stamped and colored the image and then die cut it with the matching die.  I then stamped the sentiment and cut it out and adhered it  in place.  I didn't add any embellishments because I always feel sympathy cards should be a little less flashy.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle "Orchid"; Papertrey Ink "Boutique Borders: Sympathy"
Dies: Avery Elle "Orchid"

Challenges:
Pattie's Creations Challenge #244--anything goes with hand colored image
Unicorn Challenge #122--no patterned paper
Moving Along With the Times #191--use a coloring medium (Spectrum Noir markers)
Beautiful Blossoms #43--anything goes with optional mood board (I did not use the mood board)











Crafty Catz #718--anything goes

 

No comments: