Monday, June 10, 2024

Get Your Party On

 Hello, everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  The theme is: Men and Boys.  I am using an image from one of our fabulous sponsors: Sheepski Designs.

 Here is my card:
Oh, my, I just love this image; it's super cute and the little bear looks wiped out from partying!  I created this card for my father-in-law who's birthday was this week.  As soon as I saw this image, I knew I had the perfect sentiment to pair with it.  I ended up using it on the inside as I didn't have enough room to use it on the front of the card.
It is also kind of fitting for my father-in-law as he gets up early and is very active so he goes to bed quite early at night.  I was able to use up some paper scraps on this card: the red, blue and yellow pieces were all scraps.  I actually pieced together the red piece behind the the image and underneath the blue strip--no one will ever know.  I really like how this one came out, I think it is all the black; it really sets off all the different colors.
You have all month to play along.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sheepski Designs "Party Animal" digi; MFT "Anything But Essential Birthday Sentiments"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #279--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes













Sheepski Designs #87--anything goes
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: for the guys
Make My Monday #227--"B" is for . . . bear, balloons, blue, and birthday
Double Trouble Challenge #168--We Dare You (Thing #1: masculine, Thing #3: tails up--rainbow of colors; #2: play with Colorful  Options)
Colorful Options--Aqua or rainbow of colors (I use primary colors for my rainbow, although I didn't use purple--one of my balloons is orange but it looks more like yellow.  Anyway, I hope this counts)
Penny's Challenge #573--anything goes
Double D--pick three: old, new, borrowed, blue (I use old: the circle die, new: the image, blue: paper)













C.R.A.F.T. #722--masculine
Di's Digi Designs--furry friends
Sweet Stampin'--Father's Day/special man


14 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous party bear with gorgeous papers,thank you for joining in at MMM

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, what the perfect card for your FIL! The inside sentiment is so fun, and goes perfectly with the exhausted party bear!! Thank you for sharing your creativity and humor with us at Double Trouble for our masculine challenge!!! -Donna

Bernadet said...

Fantastic card Heather.
Love the digi and the great papers.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.

JanR said...

Fabulous card! Such a fun digi! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the sentiments, so fitting for the image. Love that you flipped for the rainbow colors in the balloons. Super cute card and great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at Double Trouble and Colorful Options.

Johanna said...

I chuckled at your image and the sentiment. Lovely card and so cute. You met the challenge perfectly with this one. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT.

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! He looks like he got his party on alright! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with that fun digi.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Fiona said...

what a great card and perfect for Fathers Day!

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Ginny said...

what a cute image, thanks for sharing with us at FnF :)

Written in Ink Cards said...

what a great design, and adorable card! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

Jinny said...

What a fun card. Great take on the sketch, too. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Melanie R said...

Great card! And I can certainly appreciate that sentiment. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #168.

Ditta said...

Beautiful card, great that you are participating in the challenge at Cheerful Sketches!
Greetings Ditta DT