Friday, March 22, 2024

300th Challenge!!

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: "Happy Birthday" as we are celebrating our 300th challenge!!  That is quite the milestone!

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I almost always start my cards with a sketch--it just gives me direction (and I guess it is taking the easy way out because I don't have to do the thinking!)  Sometimes a sketch really catches my eye and I just HAVE to try it out.  This is one of those sketches; it's so interesting and fun!
This is going to be for my father's birthday, so I went with some beautiful sea inspired papers from Stampin' Up (I have no idea what they are called as I won them last year some time).  It was a bit challenging to create those wonky panels, but it was totally worth it; I love how it turned out!  I started with a very pale gray cardstock for my card base and used an Ocean Tides cardstock (from Papertrey Ink) to frame the sentiment.  The dark blue papers have a beautiful shimmer and shine in their patterns, almost like a foil.  You can see it better in the photo below:
I die cut the gray cardstock with a stitched rectangle and then adhered my wonky panels and die cut it all again using the same die so the stitching would border the entire panel.  After adding the sentiment, I finished is off with some chrome rhinestones for a little bit of sparkle.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Essential Sentiments"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 25" stitched rectangle and "Blueprints 13" stitched banner

Challenges:
Unicorn Challenge #96--for the boys/men
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
Creative Inspirations--anything goes
Paper Funday Challenge--anything goes with the optional twist: the DIES have it
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: diamond or pearls (I chose diamonds)
Incy Wincy Designs--birthday AND/OR funny/humorous
Creative Fingers #273--anything goes












16 comments:

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Love all the prettty papers you used and great take on the sketch!!
Have a great weekend,
Gerda

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the patterns you used - that's a tough sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday :)

ScrappyHorses said...

This is a very interesting sketch! You used some great papers to pull this off beautifully!

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous graphic design! Thanks for playing along our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so creative and I love the various combinations of paper. Gabulous! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers challenge.

Jackie C said...

Super striking Heather x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun design with the wonky panels, Heather - perfect for your dad! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Helen said...

Great design - that sketch worked really well!

Helen x

Treva said...

Pretty card, love the colors and a great card for your father! I would be lost without sketches; great inspiration.

Lori Podolsky said...

Very creative card, Heather. Your dad will love it; I do! Thanks for sharing with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog's new challenge. Good luck to you, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Donna Walls said...

Great card for Dad, and I think geometric designs make the best masculine cards. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Jane Savage said...

What a fabulous design! Such a great way to show off those fab papers!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #588 For The Boys
Hugs
Dewi

Carrianne said...

Pretty card. Love the sketch!

Sari / Granne said...

What a great way to use design papers, loving the combination of blues and greens. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #121 Challenge

Rae Ann said...

Great way to use up scraps and the color palette is gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.