Friday, August 11, 2023

Cat Shenanigans

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Create A Scene


Here is my card for your inspiration:
This card is for my nephew.  He just turned 10.  He and his brother and sister have a ton of stuffed animal cats and they love their cats!!  I thought it would be fun to make him an interactive card featuring cut little kitties!!  I tried to color up my cats to resemble some of his cats, but calicos are HARD to color and I didn't have one of his available to copy.  I'm sure he will get the point anyway.  I created this card following THIS tutorial.  Obviously, my card is very similar, but I added a few more details to flesh out my scene a little bit more.
When you pull the pull tab, the little guy on the robo vacuum slides on over to the other to say hello (or maybe "happy birthday!"  It's so fun!  I finished off the inside with another kitty from the same set and a fun combination of sentiments that refers to the shenanigans those kitties are getting into.  (I highly doubt my nephew will know what shenanigans are, but I liked the sentiment!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe" cats; Lawn Fawn "Pull Here"; CAS-ual Fridays inside sentiments
Dies: MFT "Launch Party" pull tab and slider element and ; Lawn Fawn "Gift Card Holder slots" part of the slider mechanism; 
Taylored Expressions stencil "Set the Scene: Clouds"

Challenges:
Double Trouble #144--Woody (I used Thing #1's challenge: use woodgrain--on my wood floor)
Penny's Challenge #552--anything goes
Cards Galore--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
We Love Stamping--masculine
Creatalicious #246--anything goes with the optional twist: different card technique (mine uses a slider mechanism for movement)
{Pin}spirational #304--birthday + animals













A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday--Happy Birthday
Use Your Stuff #490--recycled, upcycles (the element that makes the slider mechanism slide is a strip of flexible plastic cut from packaging from a stamp set.  And I used a little bit of more rigid acetate, also recycled from stamp packaging, to attach the speech bubble to the moving kitty)

9 comments:

Treva said...

How adorable, cute post title and card; I can't ever remember making an interactive card.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this is too cute! Love the interactive, love the kitties, love the scene.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a sweet pair of kitties for a birthday! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Mynn xx said...

This is totally fabulous! Love the scene you created for your two fantastic felines! Hugs! Mynn xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Awwww, so cute and love that you made a house scene with a hardwood floor. Those kitties are adorable and making your kittens as an interactive card is so sweet. Thank you for sharing your adorable card with us at Double Trouble.

Tammy L said...

Awesome card and a great way to upcycle some elements. This is an adorable stamp set! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator.

SarahR said...

Hello, what a wonderful card you have made - loving all the moving details! Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenges this month, Sarah - DT.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful funny creation!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge August "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Haven_mom4 said...

Great way to recycle elements into a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff