Wednesday, May 18, 2022

15 masculine cards

 This is a long post with a lot of pictures, so hang on!  Last quarter, I finally got a change to play along with Kendra's card challenge--You take 6 sheets of 6x6 paper and follow Kendra's cutting templates and card sketches to create 15 fabulous cards.    Do you see the 5 little tiny scraps of paper in the top right?  That's all that is left of the 6 sheets after making the cards!!  This is the second time I have gotten a chance to play along.  I decided to make some masculine cards as I always need them in my stash.  Some of them (with the yellow dotted paper) could work equally well for a female, but for the most part they are pretty masculine.  I used stars as my embellishment of choice to tie the cards together even more.  Most of them are designed to be birthday cards, though I used some sentiments that could be used for other occasions as well.


Card #1:
I added some die cut stars, some grossgrain ribbon and a couple enamel dots.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed"
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A"; Verve star dies

Challenges:
Cards Galore #99--anything goes


Card #2:
Only die cut stars to embellish this one.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed" and "To the Moon" trio of stars
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; Verve stars; Stamps of Life star

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper

Card #3:
I added die cut strs and a star border.  Some of the stars are left overs from the border die cut.  This is probably my least favorite card of the bunch.  It needs just a little something and I'm not sure what it is.

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Just Sentiments: Birthday"
Dies: Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio" border die and stars; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #428--anything goes with snippets (all of my die cuts were cut from scraps)


Card #4:
Stars, more grossgrain ribbon and 3 more of the enamel dots.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed"
Dies: Verve stars

Challenges:
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #521--anything goes


Card #5:
I think this is my favorite of the bunch.  I just LOVE that striped paper!!  The kraft banner on the left was supposed to be a place to use a different patterned paper but I thought it was the perfect place to stamp the birthday sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Just Sentiments: Birthday"
Dies: Verve stars

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar--anything goes




Card #6:
I also love this one with the striped paper!  This is the only one where I didn't stamp the sentiment on white card stock.  I heat embossed it with white powder onto navy card stock for a fun touch.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm So Glad . . ."
Dies: Verve stars

Challenges:
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #556--die cuts AND/OR sketch




Card #7:
Hmmm . . . I also love this one!!  I was able to use the enamel dots on this one.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Better Together"
Dies: Verve stars; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Dies R Us #192--anything goes with dies Dies R Us sells (I used Spellbinders)


Card #8:
This is a very interesting one with all the narrow strips.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed" and "To the Moon" star trio
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A"; Verve stars; Stamps of Life large star

Challenges:


Card #9:
I felt this one could be a little more feminine, but could work for either one.  I used one of the enamel dots and some yellow ones to coordinate with the paper.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Verve stars

Challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs--die cut or punch

Card #10:
This one is fun!  I dry embossed the background with a diagonal stiped embossing folder.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut and then finished it off on the small strip below.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Perfect Pairs: Commodities"
Dies: Papertrey Ink "Perfect Pairs: Commodities"; Verve stars
Darice embossing folder

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday--add texture (with the embossing folder)

Card #11:
For this one I added some more grossgrain ribbon and then I added glossy accents to the stars to give them a bit of something.  You can see it in the second photo.


Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Verve stars; Stamps of Life large star

Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes


Card #12:
Another one of my favorites.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Just Sentiments: Birthday"
Dies: Verve stars; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:


Card #13:
This one is so fun with all the banners.  This one finished off the sheet of enamel dots.  Stash busting at its finest!


Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Better Together"
Dies: Verve stars

Challenges:

Card #14:
I added some die cut stars around the top of the sentiment circle for a fun embellishment.  I also added some tiny stars along the bottom of the circle since I was now out of the matching enamel dots.  Three strips of the grossgrain ribbon finished it off.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Just Sentiments: Birthday"
Dies: Verve stars; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:

Card #15:
I had a TON of tiny stars left over from the border die cuts, so I used a bunch of them to accent the sentiment panel.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Jeremiah 33:7" plain jane
Dies: Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio" border die and stars

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #544--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Catz #595--anything goes with the optional twist: masculine


13 comments:

Di said...

Wow Heather - what a brilliant selection of cards! All from sis sheets of patterned paper - need to try that. And of course you also used snippets for the die cuts on your entry into the Playground. Great result!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

six sheets - duh! x

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, what great cards! I'll have to look into Kendra's challenge, since it sounds like a lot of fun! Love the variety of cards you designed, but of course the one you shared with us for our Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge is one of my favorite!!! It's so fun that you only ended up with those few leftover scraps. Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT once again!!! -Donna

Sarn said...

Fantastic collection of cards with the addition of your die cut embellishments.

Thanks for submitting homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. After all your hard work, perhaps you could make your way to the Treehouse Bar and try a few cocktails out? xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for sharing these masculine designs, and linking up to our May challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Dena J said...

What a marvelous project! I always feel so successful when I can really use up those pretty papers. You employed lots of skills to arrange and embellish each one. Thank you for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Arlene said...

WOW, 15 cards - fantastic use of papers and the cards are wonderful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas June Challenge of “Anything Goes”. Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

Sweta Changela said...

Thats a fantastic job of making multiples! Stripes definitely work well for masculine cards.
Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! We hope you'll return back for future challenges too :)

Best,
Sweta
CIC DT

Kanan Pandya said...

These are amazing cards with fabulous designs! Each one is lovely, great use of patterned papers, love these colours together. Thank you for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! Kanan - DT

Kathy said...

All of these cards are just fantastic! Making guy cards is such a challenge--but you nailed it for sure with this set! I'm going to check the link to this card challenge!

Furrbster said...

These are amazing and what a fantastic way to challenge yourself.

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

This large set of cards is fantastic!! I kept seeing several with dark blue but with no heart. That's the current color heart theme challenge at Heart's Quest challenge blog. Just thought I'd mention that. My mind is always amazed at how many fascinating combinations can come for a small number of prints/papers! Well done!