Saturday, August 1, 2020

Flying By

It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Cute and Cuddly Animals
And here is my card for your inspiration:
My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary yesterday!  This is the card I made for him.  This image is one I just got from Di's Digi Stamps and, like all of her images, it is so adorable!!  I did a little "out of the box" die cutting so parts of the image are hanging outside the edges of the die cut circle.  Using up scraps is one of my favorite things to do and I used quite a few on this card.  When I choose a sketch like this one that has a lot of nice layers, I know it is perfect for using up some scraps.  If you have several smaller pieces, you can hide the joins (or where they don't even join) underneath the upper layers like I did here on my card base:
I love this cloud paper and it was perfect for matching with my image, but I didn't have anything larger than these pieces.  I even used the portion that attaches the sheet of paper into the paper pad (see the hole for hanging it?)!  The empty spaces will be covered and no one will ever know.  I also did it on the second panel as you can see below:
I wanted the stripes to be vertical and I only had a small piece of it, but cut in half; it was perfect.  I even used a tiny, tiny scrap of red card stock.
It was perfect for die cutting some adorable, tiny hearts to add as embellishments.
Here is another free tip for you (one I just figured out myself today).  I love turning straight sentiments into curved sentiments to fit on circle die cuts.  In the past it has been a bit of trial and error trying to get the curve right and getting the sentiment to stick in that position to the block.  Today, I realized that I could place the block on top of the circle and then position the sentiment on top where it can be adjusted quite easily.
And here is the inside of the card:
I know this was a long post!  Thanks for sticking around!  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.  And make sure you hop over to the Di's Digital Designs blog to see what the rest of the team has made for this challenge.

Supplies: 
Stams: Di's Digi Stamps "Pilot Ted" digi image; PaperTrey Ink "Inside, Out: Love" all sentiments
Dies:  Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large", "Classic Scalloped Circles, large"; MFT "Smartphone" little heart rectangle

Challenges:
Cardz TV #120--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #518--anything goes
Time Out Challenge #167--words of inspiration
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #383--anything goes with snippets (I used LOTS of snippets)





8 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy Anniversary, Heather! This is SO adorable. Very creative design to stretch your paper scrap! Thanks for the tips.

Joyce said...

This is really sweet. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is just gorgeous.
I bet your husband loves it x
Happy Anniversary.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Gerrina said...

A fun and sweet card! Congrads on your aniversary! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Glittered Paws said...

This anniversary card is so sweet. I bet hubby really appreciated it. Love all the little details you put in to this card. 2 down and you are right eternity to go.

Lori Turner said...

Happy Anniversary Heather! I bet your hubby LOVED this - I know I do! Gorgeous....thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge xoxoxo

Di said...

Happy Anniversary Heather. What a lovely card and fascinating to actually see how you make the most of every little snippet, even the strip from the top of the pad - well done!

Hugs

Di xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so adorable! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!