Saturday, July 4, 2020

Christmas in July take 2

Happy 4th of July!!
It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Christmas in July
And here is my card for your inspiration:
I decided to try something a little different and printed out this adorable image really, really large so I could crop it and still have it take up a majority of the card.  I also had an idea to try the eclipse technique and die cut "Merry Christmas" out of the top portion of the image panel.  I thought it would be really fun and would stunning with those red poinsettias popping out.  But, alas, even though I measured the sentiment die, I still cut my panel too narrow and there wasn't room for the die cut.  Boo!  I'll try it again another time, and I still think this card turned out really adorable and fun with the scrap paper border down the side, the bit of glittery gold strip and the fun sideways sentiment (not the one I had planned on using for the eclipse technique)!  I finished everything off with some clear rhinestones for a bit more sparkle!

I hope you will get a chance to play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.  And make sure you hop over to the Di's Digital Designs blog to see what the rest of the team has made for this challenge.

Supplies: 
Stams: Di's Digi Stamps "Poinsettia Mouse" digi
Dies: Lawn Fawn "merry christmas"; STAMPlorations Stitched rectangle die

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #189--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #381--anything goes with snippets.  The strip of patterned papers down the side was made from scraps, the sentiment and the gold strip were also cut from scraps.
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--bright & cheerful
Double D Challenge--stitches (I used a stitched die)

Cute Card Thursday #641--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Die Cut Divas--Christmas in July
Sheepski Designs #40--Christmas in July
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #40--anything goes
Christmas with the cuties #39--2 or more patterned papers
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #24--anything goes
Crafty Creations #41--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--G is for glitter & gems
Cardz TV #118--anything goes

16 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

You made a beautiful Christmas card Heather. Cute digi and fun in a big way and super beautifully colored. Beautiful with the beautiful gold glitter edge.

Nice weekend.

Hugs, Astrid.

Diane said...

This is just absolutely adorable!! Super cute design too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

OH what a fun creation Heather! Love your design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stitches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Arlene said...

I know not all cards turn out how we planned them, but if you hadn't told me, I'd never know this isn't what you were going for. It's a fun card and I like the way you used the sentiment on the side of that cute mouse. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Christmas in July" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Billie A said...

So cute. Fun image an love the coloring. He's got such a darling face. I like the sentiment on the side. Great idea. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

Lisa xx said...

Awww, this is adorable...such a sweet image and the papers are perfect for our theme

Thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties xx

Di said...

I love this card Heather! Sadly though, I have to delete it from Mr Linky as I only allow a maximum of 9 other entries with a single make. I feel really bad about it and have let it go a couple of times but from now on have to stick to the 'rools'. You still have time to link another make instead of course!

Sorry!

Hugs

Di xx

Lynda said...

Such a cute image - the addition of the glitter strip is very effective, as well as the little jewels. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda Dt

Pat said...

Lovely card with a cute image, thanks for sharing at Christmas with the Cuties.

Pat xx

Karen Page said...

Super cute card and I love the supersized image!!! I don't know why but I never think to do that though I love when I see someone else do it. I will have to remember to try it! And regarding your sentiment, I can feel your pain. Its frustrating when a card doesn't turn out as you originally planned but I can promise you that you still ended up with an awesome card! So glad you shared it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and I hope you'll play along again soon!

Birgit said...

Such a cute card! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge "In Stitches". Best of luck to you!

Cazro said...

A lovely cute card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Stunning colouring on this cuter-than-cute holiday season greeting.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely christmas card, thanks for joining us at CWTC cheers Sue N x

KathyA. said...

What a sweet card! A belated thank you for joining us at the Sheepski Designs Challenge Blog. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Helen said...

That is so cute!

Thanks for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x