Monday, November 18, 2019

Pick of the Week

Today is my day to share my Pick of the Week on The House That Stamps Built blog.  It is the second installment of my "Pinterest Inspired" series where I take a card I have found on Pinterest and recreate it using Repeat Impressions stamps.  Here is the card I was inspired by:
As soon as I saw this card, I thought how perfect it would be for using some of Repeat Impressions flip sets.  These were designed in series to be used to make flip or waterfall cards.  And while those are really fun, this idea gives you a way to stretch your stamps and use them in a different way.  Here is my first card, which, you can see if very closely inspired by the inspiration card:
 There are four images plus a sentiment in each Flip set, but for my cards, I only used 3 of the images as four would not have fit on the card front this way.  I used the I used the smallest square from the Flip Fancy Die Set to cut out three squares from the card front.  The dies are sized perfectly to just fit the images from the flip set, so I used the die cut card front as a template to lay out where to stamp on a strip of white card stock.  Then I stamped the images from "Hugs Flip Set", colored them, and adhered the entire strip to the back of the front panel.  I stamped the sentiment, tied some twine with a cute little heart die cut and was finished!
Since I'm not finished with Christmas cards yet, I made a second card in exactly the same way:
For this card, I used "Shepherd Flip Set", again, using only three of the images.  Because I was using a darker patterned paper for this one, I heat embossed the sentiment with Gold Tinsel embossing powder.  Instead of the heart I added a little tag to the bow and finished it off with "Holly Sprig" to add a festive little touch.  I hope this inspires you to look at your stamps in a different light, and see if you can use them in ways other than how they were intended.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Hugs Flip Set", "Shepherd Flip Set" and "Holly Sprig"
Dies: Repeat Impressions "Flip Fancy Die Set"

Challenges:
Card #1:
Craft Dee Bow-Z--anything goes with a handmade bow
Cutie Pie #141--add an animal
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Crafty Calendar--cute and girly
Stinkin' Inkers--die-licious and punchy
2 Crafty Critter Crazies--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Cardz TV #102--anything goes
Penny's Challenge # 456--anything goes

Card #2:
Unicorn Challenge #49--Christmas/winter
Christmas at Sweet Stampin--anything goes with the optional twist: trees
Cards Galore #69--anything goes
Pattie's Creations #164--anything goes
Sheepski Designs--Christmas is coming
Brown Sugar #295--anything goes
Penny Black--Christmas
Winter Wonderland--holly and/or ivy
The Paper Shelter--Christmas spirit
As You Like It--Favorite: cute or traditional Christmas (I prefer traditional Christmas, specially if it shows the true meaning of Christmas like this little manger scene.  But if it can be cute AND traditional, all the better!)
Creative Fingers #174--anything goes
Sweet Stampers #38--Christmas
Make My Monday #109--red, green, white






22 comments:

Patsy Long said...

Stunning cards Heather. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge - Patsy

Barbara Bruder said...

Your cards are so cool. Great coloring and love the card design. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our “'Anything Goes “challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Brenda said...

Heather, these are wonderful. I love your makeover, the images are perfect and so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

brenda said...

These are such sweetly designed Christmas cards and lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge this month, but to be eligible for the prize draws you do need to have a link to our challenge (I figure that's the same with most of those entered).

B x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very cute ideas. I have a Sweet n Sassy bear stamp set this might work with. xoxo

Anne said...

These are great, love your take on the original card. Thanks for joining in with the AYLI challenge and good luck!
Anne x

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Lovely cards -Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge Lisa (DT)

Betta said...

All yours card are fantastic but my prefered is the second!!! Really cute!!!

Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar Challenge!!!!!!!!
Hope you participate in our next!!
Kisssssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT

Kathyk said...

Super CASE-ing, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Kathyk
DT @ LTCCB

Kuni said...

So lovely and cute.
Hugs
Kuni

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards and layouts love the images.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

Janeen from DemiDoodle.com said...

I love the layout of your card.

Thanks for entering it at the Make My Monday challenge blog.

Janeen from the
Make My Monday Design Team
https://www.demidoodle.com/

Sue - said...

Love those small images. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Sue said...

Awww such cute cards and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Carole J said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet Christmas card with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Anything Goes” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking creation! Thanks for playing with us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

cass said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Christmas/Winter" challenge.

Catie Cuddles said...

Lovely card design.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in the Pattie's Creations Challenge this time and good luck :)

Helen said...

Two beautiful card - great layouts.

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Cindy said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing with us at MLC this month.