Monday, January 21, 2019

It's your birthday

The beginning of the new year always makes me want to get my life organized and use up stuff (food, craft supplies, beauty supplies, etc.).  So, I've had my bits and pieces stash spread out on my desk to see what I have and what I might be able to use.  It's always a bonus when I find a challenge that fits with some of those elements I have in the stash.  So, when I saw Use Your Stuff's challenge to use numbers, it was perfect because I had 4 different number piles.  I started off with the blue numbers (just random ones that were left over from another project) and had to die cut a "1" and a "2" out of silver glitter paper to indicate the recipient's age.  I was getting ready to cut a few more numbers out of the blue card stock when I realized I had some green numbers already cut and they matched the patterned paper perfectly.
 I added these sweet kitties, as the girl I made this for loves cats, plus, they are just so cute!  Add in a fun shaker element, and this should be perfect for a 12-year-old girl.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Take Note" sentiment; Your Next Stamp "Word  Critters Collection: Cats and Dogs"
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangles and banner die

Challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude #47--anything goes
Feeling Sketchy #209--sketch

2 Crafty Critter Crazies #22--anything goes
Pile It On #150--land animals
Stamplorations Theme and Sketch Challenge--stamps and animals

Your Next Stamp #105--let's see smiles
Crafting By Designs--corners, borders and frames (I created a frame for my shaker element)
Penny's Challenge--anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner #183--make it sparkle
Crafty Catz #445--anything goes with the optional twist: blue green + one (my plus one is gray)
Cardz TV #81--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #344--anything goes with snippets (all the numbers except the glittered ones were already in my bits and pieces stash.  Both cats and banner were stamped and cut from scrap white card stock)
Use Your Stuff #344--numbers

20 comments:

Amanda said...

This is adorable! Very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Janette said...

I saw this on the challenge at CraftyCatz and had to have a peep, its a gorgeous card, love all the glam and sparkle...xx

missgailly said...

This card is just too darn CUTE! Love the shaker elements and your colouring is stellar! Thanks for playing with USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh wow so cute those kitties are just adorable and the card is so perfect for a 12 year old I'm sure she is going to love it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Di said...

Brilliant shaker card Heather - and the kitty is just so very sweet!

Hugs

Di xx

Billie A said...

Cute shaker card. I love the numbers and the darling little critters. So cute. thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner.
Billie A
Crafty Gals Corner
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Crafty Catz

Chris Dring said...

Such an adorable shaker card! Love those cute kitties. Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge!

Glittered Paws said...

Love this - the cats work perfectly on this birthday card. And a shaker card - great idea to use your numbers.

Doreen Vasquez said...

OMG such a fun card! Love the kitties and the shaker effect! Thanks for playing w/ us at "Use Your Stuff"! - Doreen DT Member

CraftyNatalie said...

Great make, love the cute cat images. Thanks for joining us at penny's paper crafty challenge this week.

Helen said...

A really cute design and a great New Year's Resolution too!!

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

Helen x
DT

Tammy L said...

I so love this! What a great job you did with just stashes all around. This turned out so great! Thanks for playing along at UYS and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT Coordinator.

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous shaker card. Emma

Tina Z. said...

super cute shaker card, I like it very much. and I like the idea using of snippets, I should do it more often ...
Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

Jerrie said...

What a fun shaker card! Love the numbers inside with all the glitz. The kitty looks like it is glad it joined the celebration! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Suchi said...

Love this happy card with kitties! So cute!! Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations sketch and theme this month! Do join us again! :)

Suchi-DT xx

MA-MI said...

Super cute shaker card! I love your interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
Regards,
Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

MA-MI said...

Unfortunately, you're not eligible for the prize or top 3 because at Feeling Sketchy we have a limit of 10 challenges.

Helen said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x