Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Lots of jars

 Happy first Wednesday of March!!  Spring is coming!!  And today begins a new challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week is a Designer's Choice Challenge and Esther has challenged us with: Just Jars (create a project with a jar or recycling a jar or a tag for a jar--as long as it involves a jar).  We got hit by the big Nor'easter this past weekend and were without power for two days.  On Friday since there was no power and there's not too much to do when there is no power, I lit some candles and had a good long play in my craft area.  I had so much fun with this challenge that I actually have 3 projects to share with you.  Here is the first:
 I've had this collection of small die cut elements that I have been saving for a Christmas shaker card: little snow flakes and tiny glittery circles among other things I've been saving in my bits and pieces stash.  So that was my first project.
     My second project is a simple Christmas notecard that could be either a Christmas card or maybe a Christmas "thank you."
I've had this card base with the embossed rectangle in my stash forever and finally found the perfect use for it.  It's a bit smaller than an A2 card, which makes it the perfect size for showcasing this Christmas jar.  I had one layer of the poinsettia in my bits and pieces stash so I cut two more to finish the flower.  The sprigs were also in the stash, I just colored them with a green marker to match better.  and the gold, glittery jar topper was a leftover piece from the first card.
     And last, but not least, I made a tag: 
This was almost completely made from bits and pieces.  The tag was in my stash, made from lots of leftover bits of scrap paper, as well as the flower (which I recolored to match the papers), the sprigs which I also colored to match and the bit of ribbon wrapped around the top was left over from the first card.  The jar was stamped on a scrap of white, so the only thing that was not a scrap was the piece of vellum the sentiment was stamped on.
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us.  I showed several ways to use a jar, but the possibilities are endless!  I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Jar" and "Christmas"
Dies: MFT "Stitched Scalloped Trio"; the shaker elements were created with PTI hands of time and snow globe, Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio", and Neat and Tangled "Falling Circles Cover die"

Card #2
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Jar"
Dies: Spellbinders "Layered Poinsettias"; Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; MFT "Stitched Scallop Trio"

Tag
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Jar", "Daisy Solid, small" and "Happy Birthday"
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; MFT "Blueprints 13" tag

Challenges:
Card #1
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge--anything goes
heARTful Stamping--anything goes
Cardz TV #37--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--Y is for your choice
Crimbo-Crackers #153--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #20--anything goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'--anything goes
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow
4 Crafty Chicks #392--just add a sentiment
Aud Sentiments #198--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #519--anything goes
As You Like It--single or multiple layers (while I love the look of single layer done well, I'm definitely a layer girl!)
Cuttlebug Mania--ribbon and bows

Card #2
Try Stampin' Or Not--tic tac toe (I used the diagonal line: purple, flowers, glitter)

Incy Wincy--ultraviolet
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #375--anything goes with the optional twist of vintage or shabby chic
Sheep Ski Designs #12--flowers
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round--use flowers
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends--anything goes
Inspiration Destination #145--anything goes
Creative Fingers #143--anything goes

Tag
Time Out Challenge #104--be bold
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #321--anything goes with snippets
Crafty Calendar--add a tag or make one
Just for Fun--die cuts


36 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, three fantastic projects and all stunning! I can't believe you made these by candlelight and with lots of leftovers. Hope you don't have much damage from the storm.

Esther Asbury said...

Whoa, Heather - you really showcased the jar challenge with not one, but three lovely creations! Love the little bits you included in your shaker, the fun purple poinsettia with sparkly jar topper, and scrap paper tag!

Glittered Paws said...

Love all three of your cards Good idea - candlelight, scraps, and a jar stamp on a snowy afternoon. Can't pick my favorite.

Carol L said...

I wish I could craft by candle light, but my old eyes need more bright light to see! LOL Hopefully our power stays on during the snow falling outside at this moment. Great card ideas for jars, and I especially like the shaker jar! Good job on all :)

Unknown said...

great idea,wonderful project :)
thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again 🙂
Greetings
DT heike 🙂

Tammy said...

Three gorgeous creations Heather! I love the Christmas card and the beautiful non-traditional colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!
Tammy x

meg said...

Three fantastic projects and cards, love the way you used the hint of gold, perfect for our challenge at MMM.

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful cards and tag Heather, love the jar and designs! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
~ DT Sherry x

Heather said...

Wow, so cute! I love jar cards and tags, and these are so pretty! Love your purple flower for our tic-tac-toe challenge - wonderful! So glad that band piece held our for this card - it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Krafty Kaylin said...

those are some fun unique Christmas cards. Love how you used purple for the poinsettia. Very clever. Thanks for joining us at TSOT.

Shona Chambers said...

Your 'bold' birthday tag couldn't be more perfect for our challenge!! And what a brilliant way to use up all your scraps too! I love the mix of colours and patterns and that pink flower is just gorgeous. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So cute, and a great idea for the jar stamp.

Di said...

Love all of these Heather - and your snippets tag certainly does use up plenty of scraps. How enterprising to craft by candlelight - bet it was quite cosy really.

Hugs

Di xx

Basslady said...

very clever and beautiful creations!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Nance said...

Very pretty and cool jar projects! Love the shaker card! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks last week!

Nonni said...

Fun post with such beautiful and cute creations, you've been one busy crafter! I love all the happy colors and the feminine look of your projects. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Sue Crease said...

I love both the cards and the tag. What a great use of time when you've no power. Thanks for sharing with us over at lp

Donna Scholz said...

What a creative way to incorporate the Tic-Tac-Tuesday challenge, Heather! Your unexpected use of Purple-Flowers-Glitter into a Christmas card REALLY works! I like how you used your embossed rectangle from your stash, too! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Anonymous said...

These are really great! I love that you used the jars for three totally different themed cards! Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at CCAYR this month and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

April said...

I like all the ways you used the jar! Each one is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you back again soon!

Billie A said...

Great ideas with the jars. I have jar stamps and never use them. Hum great idea. I am glad you shared your pretty jars over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Cheri said...

Holy smokes, Heather! You really did go to town. Your projects are all stunning and I can't imagine doing all this without lights!!! I love the shaker card, those elements are awesome!

Furrbster said...

Great jar ideas! I Love em all,

Thanks for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Lynne said...

Super cards and good use of your jar stamp. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Karen C said...

These are fab! Would've loved to have seen more purple! Thanks for joining our “Purple” challenge over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Karen C

Sarah said...

Wow, what lovely multi layered cards, really cheery!! Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

Jannie said...

O dear powercuts are no fun!!!

Your entries are lovely though and thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such pretty creations
Love the jar idea so much
Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Juliet A said...

They are all wonderful, but I like the shaker jar the best! I'm so glad you joined us at the Heartful Stamping Challenge!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Lovely cards - thank you for sharing at Incy Wincy Designs.
Helen x (DT)

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Great cards, Heather, and my favorite one is the middle one used for our Tic Tac Tuesday challenge. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely cards, Heather! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge. Marsha DT

Cara said...

Oh my, Love all of these! Thanks for sharing with us at SheepSki Designs! Good luck! (Hugs) Cara
SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
TTCRD Challenge Blog {Owner}

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR March challenge, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this into my CHNC challenge. x

Tip Top said...

Lovely cards - thank you so much for entering the Crimbo Crackers challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

Wendy Bellino said...

You are my kinda crafter getting busy during a snowstorm! What a great collection of cards and way to use up your scraps! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT