Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer Peaches

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a beautiful inspiration photo for you:
Image may contain: sky and ocean
You can either be inspired by the scene in the picture or the color swatches on the side, or maybe both!  That gorgeous peach/coral color in the center really caught my eye, specially since I have a ribbon and card stock from PTI that match it perfectly.  I also love the grays.  So those two colors along with the cream and  little bit of the yellow orange were the inspiration for my card.

And, I thought this beautiful peaches images was perfect for the color scheme.  I stamped the image on the cream card stock and a second time on the melon berry card stock.  Then I colored just the peaches on the colored stock, cut them out and adhered them onto the image I colored on the cream stock.  I thought it would work well as I only have one orange marker, and it worked fabulously!  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week, there are so many ways to be inspired by our photo.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Peaches", "Hello Cling Set" hi sentiment, "Flower Cluster Outline" little flowers on the tag
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels Eight"
PTI Melon Berry card stock and grossgrain ribbon

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Creative with Stamps #15--fruit

Fashionable Stamping #124--make it feminine (ribbons, pearls, pinks)
Creative Knockouts #198--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #182--tic tac toe (I used the diagonal: die cuts, digi or stamped image, ribbon)
Cardz TV #4--anything goes
Hiding In My Craft Room #305--feminine
Sketch Saturday #468--sketch

13 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card Heather, like your take on the sketch, the black and white background really makes your image pop and shine!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty - now I want some of the fruit stamps. Beautiful coloring.

Dorlene Durham said...

It's a beautiful card. I love all the simple details. Very nice colors. Thanks for joining the June Fruit challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Cheri said...

Heather this is so gorgeous. I love that you captured the "peachy" color in the scheme...I totally missed it. I nearly grabbed this stamp myself because, like you, I thought it went with the inspiration. Love what you did with it.

Shirley said...

Beautiful Heather your card is amazing.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Claire Grantham said...

This is so lovely Heather, I love the soft tones, great use of the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Heather. This is such a Summery card with these colours!
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Helen F. said...

Heather, this card is lovely! What a pretty color combination for your sweet peaches! Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month :-)

Creative world said...

Beautiful card and awesome color combo,love your image and coloring ...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Rika said...

Beautiful card, i love the image.

Monika Reeck said...

the peaches so swweeeett
and love the DP you have choosen
adorable used the sketch
and love that HI there
clever! Wonderfully made
Many thanks for joining with us at Creative With Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika

Patti J said...

I love dropping by to see what you've created with these inspirational photos! This is wonderful, Heather! Thank you for sharing :)

Lilian said...

So pretty! Love the colors and that stack of frames!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio