Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Smile

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you have been enjoying nice, warm, sunny spring days like we have been lately!  It's so nice to finally have spring arrive.  Also arriving is a new challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a beautiful photo inspiration challenge:
No automatic alt text available.
Don't you just love those colors?!  I love the texture, too, and if I had any texture paste I would have created something that incorporated the texture.  But, I don't, so this is what I came up with:
I started by heat embossing the background stamp with white powder and sponging on the colors.  I also heat embossed two mums with white embossing powder, sponged on some aqua and amethyst and then added some shading with coordinating spectrum noir markers.   I used a lime green marker to color some white card stock to make it the right shade for die cutting my leaf sprigs.  I wasn't going to add any of the lime color, but I'm so glad I did; it really pops with the other colors.  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week.  This challenge is a bit more "challenging" but I'm sure you can create something fabulous!  Hop on over to The House blog to see the full details and see what the rest of the DT created.  And if you "need" any of the stamps I used (or any from Repeat Impressions), check out my 10% off your ENTIRE order code over there in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Flower Power Background", "Mum Outline" and "smile" from the "You Cling Set"
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; Darice Damask embossing folder
Card Stock: PTI "Aqua Mist" and "Ocean Tides:
Inks: PTI "Aqua Mist" and "Ocean Tides"; SU! "Almost Amethyst" and "Brocade Blue"
PTI "Aqua Mist" dotted satin ribbon

Challenges:
Mojo Monday #493--sketch

Come And Get It--It's a girl thing
A Gem of a Challenge #192--ribbon and/or lace
Creative Fingers #128--anything goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #42--anything goes
Inspiration Destination--anything goes
Cut It Up #119--CASE it! (Julee Tillman is probably my favorite designer, so I decided to CASE one of her cards, specially since I used her sketch)
Handmade card by Julee Tilman. | www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com
Card Mania #91--April showers bring May flowers
Unicorn Challenge #20--petal power


14 comments:

Donna said...

What a beauty this card is Heather, and the mums, leaves and material are spectacular!

Gerda said...

This card is beautiful!! I love the gorgeous flowers and the pretty embossing!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Glittered Paws said...

This is so pretty - love your mums and the leaves are awesome.

Laurie Unger said...

Oh, Wow! This turned out beautifully - so soft and colorful.

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Heather - this is gorgeous! Love it! Great job on the challenge :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is so pretty, Heather. I'm always impressed when people make their own "design paper" to use on a card, and yours is absolutely gorgeous. The embossing adds the texture you were looking for.

Thanks for joining us for our CASE It! challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

joy said...

Love , love how you have used the flower stamp.

Kellie 0:) said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heather. You definitely got the texture in with your flowers - awesome

EdenLand Designs said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the soft colors and the bit of texture in the background is perrrfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Come and Get It Challenges!!
Susan DT

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Heather love the beautiful white embossing with the delicate colours.Have you tried making your own paste-1portion white acrylic,2of baby powder and half portion of pva glue easy to do-and after a tip have just bought some multi purpose household filler from the £1 shop but not tried it yet
Carol x

The Crafty Critter said...

Wonderful use of color! I love your flowers! Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenges.
-Miranda DT
TheCraftyCritter.com

Cheri said...

Everything about this card is stunning, Heather. And you're so right, adding that touch of lime popped it all right out. Fabulous card.

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a gorgeous card! love the colours you used.
TFS,
Karen