Monday, June 20, 2016

So glad

Hi!  It's my turn to share a Project Of The Week over on The House That Stamps Built blog.  
This week, I'm going to show you how I change the look of my sentiments with a masking technique.  It's really a nice easy technique and gives you lots of options for using the same sentiment and making it fit your project.
Supplies I used:
--Sentiment (Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . .")
--Desired card stock or paper
--washi tape (or other low tack tape--I use scotch tape a lot, too)
--ink
--stamp-a-ma-jig
As you can see, my sentiment is long and thin, and I want it to be stacked up the corner.
 I start by lining up the clear sheet in the corner of my stamp-a-ma-jig, and then stamping the sentiment, also lining up the clear block in the corner of the tool.  After you stamp the sentiment, make sure you clean your stamp really well.  You don't want any stray ink!
 Using the plastic sheet, line up the sentiment where you want it.  I wanted to start with the end of my sentiment, so I made sure the "there's you" part was lined up in the correct place.  Then place the tool right up against the corner of the sheet.  Then remove the sheet, careful not to move the tool.
 Place a piece of tape over the part of the sentiment you DON'T want to use and ink up the stamp like normal.
 Remove the tape, line up  your block in the corner of the tool and stamp.  Because the tape took the inking, you're left with just the part you wanted to use.  Remember to clean the stamp really well, again.
 Using the plastic sheet, I then lined up the rest of the sentiment, placing it just over the part I already stamped.
 Place the tape over the part of the sentiment you already used and ink up the rest.
 Using the stamp-a-ma-jig like before, I stamped the "I'm so glad" part of the sentiment.
 And here you can see the difference between how I stamped the sentiment and how it was designed (on the white card stock).  This technique really stretches the usage you can get out of your sentiment stamps.  You can do the same thing for sentiments that are stacked that you want to be side by side, or even use it to stamp only a word out of the sentiment (like I did on this card here).
I hope you'll give this technique a try!  Here's my finished card:
I also used Repeat Impressions "Butterfly, small" to finish my card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Butterfly, small" and "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Spellbinders "Standard Circles, large" and "Teardrop Circles"; Verve "Flag It" large banner; MFT "Blueprints 13" small banners

Challenges:
Crafty Catz #329--going dotty
Cute Card Thursday #430--little bugs or butterflies
Inspiration Destination #90--anything goes
Penny's Challenges #282--anything goes
One Stitch At A Time #264--layer it up
Sugar Pea Mix it Up #2--I used the sketch

Word Art Wednesday #234--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
The Paper Nest Girls #6--anything goes

9 comments:

Janette said...

Really pretty card, lovely design...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Unknown said...

Super picture technique. I like the contrasts between yellow and white. Thank you so much for posting you creative and very lovely art in the #234-#235 - Anything Goes Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Jo Ann said...

Such a fun design and love the patterned papers. Thank you for joining our Challenge last week and hope you join us again in our new Challenge beginning today at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with an encouragement from God's Word in Hebrews 3:6 which says, "But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." Have a blessed week...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Lilah said...

Curious technique for sure. Card looks really different and so gentle. Thank you for sharing details of technique.

CraftyGirl said...

Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Sall said...

wHAT A GOOD IDEA TAping over the stamp. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us at OSAAT this fortnight, I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Love 'n' hugs Sall OSAAT DT.

Margaret said...

Love your color combination. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Margaret, DT

LauraJane:) said...

Lovely papers and Such a Pretty butterfly! Thanks for playing at the MIUC @ SugarPea Designs!

Karren said...

Beautiful card using a great mix of patterned papers! That butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs.