Monday, February 2, 2015

Thanks

Sympathy cards are never fun to have to make.  But with that being said, I really did enjoy putting this card together.  If you have visited my blog at all since the new year, you know I am trying to use up my "bits and pieces" stash.  So the item on this card is the white sentiment panel.  
 I did harm a single piece of patterned paper for this card.  Everything was created using stamps and ink (and an embossing folder that I highlighted and softened with some gray ink).  Here's a close up of the "patterned paper" and the sentiment panel.  When I remember to do it, I really love adding subtle images to sentiment.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #168--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
The Crafter's Cafe #101--create your own background
Cards Galore--use a stamp or digi

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed" flowers; PTI "Boutique Borders: Sympathy" sentiment; Hero Arts "French Script"
Dies/embossing folders: Verve "Classy Label dies"; Cuttlebug embossing folder
Card Stock: PTI "Lemon Zest" and "Soft Stone"
Inks: PTI  Lemon Zest, Soft Stone, New Leaf and Sweet Blush
PTI Lemon Zest ribbon

6 comments:

Barbara Derksen said...

Hi Heather,

You're right, its never FUN to do sympathy cards, but I'm sure the thought that you hand made one brings a special comfort to someone at a difficult time.

I know this using up scraps thing, and I am glad for the reminder (beautiful VISUAL reminder) that stamping onto an already patterned paper is a clever thing to do.

So glad I came to visit.

Blessings,
Barb

coldwaters2 said...

It is a sad occasion but you have created something very beautiful Heather the papers are not overpowering, the sentiment is perfect a truly wonderful make.
hugs
lorraine x

Natalie said...

lovely card :)
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito
Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Planetsusie said...

This is a beautiful card for an occasion like this. I love the design. Thank you for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Beth F said...

Lovely sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore