Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blooms and Butterflies

I go back and forth between absolutely loving this card and thinking it needs something more.  How can I think both?  I was able to use up two items from my "bits and pieces" stash: the leaves and the bit of purple ribbon.  I almost added three items when I punched out butterflies that I didn't end up using, but I think I pawned them off on my 5-year-old for a card she is making for Father's Day.  Only 5 year olds think snowflakes and butterflies are good for a Father's Day Card. : )  So cute!
I don't have any green or purple patterned paper, so I made my own using PTI's "Guide Lines 2" and a French Script stamp; and I used an embossing folder on my metal (tape) butterflies for a bit more of the feel of a real metal embellishment.

Challenges:
One Crazy Stamper--anything goes plus an embellishment
One Sweet Challenge--Flowers
Stamping with the Dragon--flowers
Verve May Diva Dare--Petals and wings
Wags n' Whiskers #128--ribbons and bling
Eureka Stamps #88--Mother's Day Flowers
{Pin}spirational Challenges #106--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the Mother theme, the script in the background and the locket--I pulled out some jewelry supplies to create the beaded pins)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982010198949/
Our Daily Bread Designs #201--Wing It!
Sweet Stamps Challenge--For Mom
Scrap Creations--Mother's Day or girl
Tuesday Throwdown #194--special lady
Cuttin' and Stampin' #18--Traditional Mother's Day
Crafting By Designs--"M" is for Mom
Crafter's Cafe #62--Mom or special lady
The Stamping Chef #28--anything goes
My Favorite Things #175--sketch
MFTWSC175
Delightful Challenges--Flower Power
Milk Coffee Challenges--Mother's Day/special lady
DRS Designs #121--purple and green

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Guide Lines 2", and "Turning a New Leaf"; Verve "Joyful Blooms" and "Happy Thoughts"; Hero Arts French Script stamp
Dies and punches: PTI "Turning a New Leaf"; Spellbinders ovals, large and scalloped ovals, large, A2 Filigree Delight; Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; Cuttlebug Damask embossing folder (used on the butterflies)

21 comments:

Shelia said...

Heather, I think this is perfect just the way it is! Your homemade DP is lovely & those butterflies are gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs!

CarlaKH said...

Beautiful! I love the delicate butterflies! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

Indy's Designs said...

I think your card looks just right! Beautiful colors and elegant touches! Thanks so much for sharing at Cuttin' and Stampin'!
Hugs,
Debbie

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous card and so creative to be able to use up all the bits & pieces and come up with this. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Flowers Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal Eureka DT

Emily Thubbron said...

Heather, I think it's stunning just as it is. I love the flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Special Lady challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Heather ....it's gorgeous! I think you nailed it and I wouldn't add anything more! Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!
Hugs,
Tracey, DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Heather!! I jsut love your colors, your designer paper and your added butterflies. I am sure it will be treasured. Thanks for joining the challenge at ODBD this week!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!

Betty Wright said...

Heather, these colors are beautiful! Love how you layered the Verve flowers! Lovely card!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour combo, lattice in the BG, great flower and silver butterflies. Thanks for taking this month's Dare!

Nora Noll said...

Such a beautiful card!! I love the colors you used. So soft and elegant.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card perfect Mother's Day gift, thanks for joining in at the Stamping Chef

Nicola Gold said...

Beautiful card. I really love dimensional flowers.
Thanks for joining us this week at TCCCB
Nicola DT

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Eureka.

Barb said...

Sweet Card--love the layout!

Thanks so much for joining us in at the {Pin}Spirational Challenge this week—Good Luck and we hope to see you in future challenges too!
Barb—DT.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heather, this is gorgeous just the way it is! I love the colors and the beautiful shapes and elements! You stopped at the perfect time! So glad you've joined us for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Tee said...

What a great card! love the colors. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Stamping Chef Challenges. Tanja DT

Unknown said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining in at Milkcoffee this week, Lou DT x

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love the colors and flowers.

Mimi said...

Just perfect Heather, any more to the card may well have been to much, just love this. Fabulous colour pallet and the perfect embellishments :) :) :) Good luck in this months One Sweet Challenge - Flowers. Hugs Jane xxxxx

Debbi Powell Designs said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for entering the Stamping Dragon Designs challenge...Debbi (DT)